JimBob

Cornell Ontario Bird Feeder Camera

63 posts in this topic

And now there's a Hairy Woodpecker. You can hear a lot of birds if you listen.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak! 

Yes, I know Ontario is the best. ;)

That feeder is a good one, there were two Ruffed Grouse and a Spruce Grouse there in the spring, too!

1 person likes this

Heavy snow and a Rose-breasted Grosbeak... that's something you don't see that often!

earlier i saw an evening grosbeak on it then two pine grosbeaks male and female. I think the coolest bird i have had at my feeder was a Rose Breasted Grosbeak male in spring. it only came twice (that i saw) or a pine siskin. coolest bird ever in my yard. no doubt Brown Creeper. coolest bird ever seen from my yard osprey, merlin, belted kingfisher, baltimore orial

That snowman feeder is cute as can be.  This morning I walked into Family Farm & Home (where I buy my bird seed in bulk) and right there, just inside the front doors, is that snowman feeder.  It's much bigger than it looks on the camera and I want it!!!  Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey for my budget at this time.

Edited to add:  I must have lousy timing.  Anytime I've checked out this live camera I never see any birds at all.

Edited a second time to add:  No sooner had I typed this and all sorts of birds started showing up on the cam.  Including an Evening Grosbeak...beautiful!

All I had to do was whine a bit, I guess.   :D

That snowman feeder is cute as can be.  This morning I walked into Family Farm & Home (where I buy my bird seed in bulk) and right there, just inside the front doors, is that snowman feeder.  It's much bigger than it looks on the camera and I want it!!!  Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey for my budget at this time.

Edited to add:  I must have lousy timing.  Anytime I've checked out this live camera I never see any birds at all.

Edited a second time to add:  No sooner had I typed this and all sorts of birds started showing up on the cam.  Including an Evening Grosbeak...beautiful!

All I had to do was whine a bit, I guess.   :D

Every time I look there is nothing too!

I just got a screenshot of the three grosbeaks a few minutes ago. A male evening grosbeak flew in and the interaction with the rose-breasted grosbeak looked like they were feeding each other while the pine grosbeak looked on. They're probably just fighting over the same seed but it looked cute, not fierce. Anyways, they're requesting screen shots like this on the website but I am not a twitter'er and can't seem to figure out how to get them the image. If someone could possibly pass this image on to Tammie and Ben Hache it would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to sign up for another social media program that I'll never use. Thanks in advance.

VCj1vvN.jpg

2 people like this

This person is so lucky to be getting all these cool birds at the feeder. I have never even seen a Pine Grosbeak, Ruffed Grouse or Evening Grosbeak!

Saw the Ruffled Grouse and all kinds of Grosbeaks (mostly Evening) this morning. Beautiful birds :)

I'm always asleep in the early morning there. (3am here is 6am there :mellow:)

1 person likes this

I managed to get the screenshot to the camera host through Facebook. Today's screen captures of the grouse on the feeder will just go in my neat to see folder. 

The poor Black-capped Chickadees are having to dig through inches of snow to get to the seeds. :)

1 person likes this

When I just looked there were about 8 Evening Grosbeaks.  Lovely birds they have up there.