5 replies to this topic

#1 CMF

CMF

CMF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

Every once out of couple hundred shots I manage to pull out a zinger but as usual the subject(s) were across a marsh about 150 yards from me. I was driving in a wildlife area on a gravel road looking for turn offs when I caught a glimpse across the marsh of a solo eagle perched on a limb. I quickly made my way through the stickers and brush to the edge of the marsh and fired away under SP/400 & switched to AP/8 with ISO of 200 and cloudy setting. The mate came into viewfinder while depressing the multi-exposure trigger and I was able to catch this wing spread “hit the brakes” frame. With some sharpness, 65% fill flash on the birds, and a touch of color enhancement there is not much more to do then buy a longer lens or just get luckier.

CMF

Nikon D80 70-300mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR

#2 booley

booley

booley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

Great Photo CMF

Worth the scratches!

#3 birdseye

birdseye

birdseye

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

great shot man! the kinda photo that keeps us all treking through the thorns..thanks

#4 Possumbird55

Possumbird55

Possumbird55

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

That is a real humdinger-zinger, CMF! 

#5 sandylee

sandylee

sandylee

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

Fabulous shot!!!

#6 CMF

CMF

CMF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Thanks all. Just like fishing; if you put the time in, put yourself in the right area, you'll eventually get lucky. Today it was chilly and overcast over the marsh when this Northern Harrier was cruising over the reeds looking for dinner when she went into a hover and spread the tail. Some cropping and lightening will keep it on the hard drive.

CMF

http://www.whatbird....9/original.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users