#1 Jimt

Jimt

Jimt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hi,

I like the notes feature in the latest release of iBird, but I would like to see the addition of an automatic entry of the GPS coordinates at the same time as the Date and Time stamp in a note.

Thanks,

Jim

#2 lyceel

lyceel

Order of the Green Heron

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5320 posts
  • LocationLos Gatos, CA

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

+1

Not a complaint, but I was surprised this wasn't already there.  Since the information is usually available, it seems like an obvious thing to use. 

I'd probably prefer a button ("Use Current Location") rather than automatically filling it in, though, because the GPS isn't always perfect (such as when you're birding in the woods in the middle of nowhere)

#3 Stevoreno

Stevoreno

Stevoreno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

I think the GPS coordinates would be a very useful addition to the the notes feature.  (I have a new Droid and am looking forward to the possibility of an Android version of iBird)   The GPS has been integrated into a number of Droid apps and is a very cool application of the technology built into the phone.   Best,  Steve

#4 admin

admin

admin

• Administrators
  • 870 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Jimt:

Hi,

I like the notes feature in the latest release of iBird, but I would like to see the addition of an automatic entry of the GPS coordinates at the same time as the Date and Time stamp in a note.

Thanks,

Jim

GPS can't be counted on for automatic inclusion since you may be in an area inaccessible to a satellite (such as indoors looking out a window, or there may be an overhang of some kind blocking the signal). You therefore need the program to try and find a satellite and if it can't prompt the user for a location OR use a default location the user has previously set up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users