#1 tdnuerf

tdnuerf

tdnuerf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

Greetings, Mitch and company -

First off, thank you for creating and selling iBird Pro! I performed days of due diligence earlier this month before buying your app (it is easily the most expensive one on miPhone, after all), and I'm very pleased so far. iBird can't replace Sibley on dedicated birding trips until it has all those little bits of information that let you say "THAT's the bird!", including annotated field markings showing unique identifying features (but maybe someday?), but it weighs two and a half pounds less -- as you say, "a field guide that's as light as a feather." And easier to carry around, too -- a feather in your pocket gets mangled after a few days.

Second off, I downloaded 2.2 last night and haven't explored it much because my first search hit a snag. Regardless of my entries for Observed State and Month, 0 birds are found. Or 924 birds are found, because if I select anything in OS/M and tap the Search tab, no filtering has taken place. Did this behavior change from the previous version, or am I missing something?

Thirdly, when I create a search and view matching birds, exit iBird and return, I have to tap "Search" to return to the search page where my previous search parameters appear to remain set, but "0 bird matched." I have to pick any search criteria and tap the "Search" button to get my previous search results back. Is this normal?

Third-and-a-half-ly, when I exit and return to iBird, could I return to the same screen I was viewing when I left? Here I am in Deepest Arkansas and I'm viewing iBird's description of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker when it flies closer and lands on a branch right in front of me. So I quickly switch to my camera app, fire off a few shots that end up blurry, and then have to do several taps and a couple of swipes in order to get back to the Ivory-billed Woodpecker's drawing in iBird. (Of course I was seeing a Pileated, but you never know...)

Last but not least, could the Size criteria list be sorted by actual size groupings instead of "name of size"? e.g., methinks the order should be "Very Small, Small, Medium, Large, Very Large"; instead of "Large, Medium, Small, Very Large, Very Small." Makes more sense, no?

Thanks for listening, and thanks for iBird Pro!

-Don

#2 Louis

Louis

Louis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded 2.2.

Same problem: the Observed State/month option does not seem to work. Perhaps I am still missing something ;)

#3 estesbubba

estesbubba

estesbubba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

I have the same problem with the Observed State/Month feature. This is disappointing as I use this search filter the most. It seems some other search weirdness is also going on. iBird is a great app and I hope a fix comes out soon.

#4 amallen

amallen

amallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

Same problem with 2.2 for me. Observed State/Month feature does not work. Like those above, I use this filter all the time.

#5 MikeK

MikeK

MikeK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

Observed State/month option has stopped working for me too.

It's one of the reasons I bought the pro version. Please bring it back!

#6 admin

admin

admin

• Administrators
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Don:

Thank you for pointing out the problem with the Observed State/Month search attribute. You are correct there is a problem with it and we have fixed it and are submitting a new update to the App store. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I appreciate your kind words about iBird and will try to answer your post in more detail soon.

Mitch

#7 jmohlin

jmohlin

jmohlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

I just purchased this yesterday.  After the app is updated, how do I get the fix onto my iPod?  (I also only just entered the world of iPods.)

Thanks.

#8 yewshadow

yewshadow

yewshadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

Any idea when the new update will be available to the public?

#9 chupacerveza

chupacerveza

chupacerveza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

yewshadow,

Apple's goal is to review and approve app submissions in 7 days. The review/approval process is not under the control of the developer. For what it's worth, they are currently showing about a 99% completion rate for "App Updates" (as opposed to "New Apps" for which the rate is currently 98%) over the last 7 days.

Hope this helps,

Robert

#10 admin

admin

admin

• Administrators
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

yewshadow:
Any idea when the new update will be available to the public?

Most recently it took just one day, but it can take about 7 days.

#11 yewshadow

yewshadow

yewshadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thank you both very much for the info and kudos on such a fine product!

#12 tdnuerf

tdnuerf

tdnuerf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

Mitchell Waite:
...we have fixed it and are submitting a new update to the App store.

Thank you for the quick fix!  It is indeed working now.  (The other search weirdness I mentioned still exists, but is very minor in comparison.)

Thank you again!

-Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users