Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
viksra

Chirping Sparrow

2 posts in this topic

Hello. Today I stopped a cat from almost eating a bird after the cat had already attacked the baby Chirping Sparrow. The Chirping Sparrow has a wound on its wing from the cat's teeth, and so I have caught the baby Chirping Sparrow and am holding onto it in a cage since it can't fly. Once it does, then I will set it free, but for now it needs to be taken care of, so I need to know what exactly does a Chirping Sparrow eat? I've seen it eat french fries, bread, and bird seeds, however, I really don't want to give it french fries because I have birds(parrots & finches) of my own which are domestic pets that I take care of and don't feed them fries or anything like that... I get them normal bird food from the pet store. But, in this case, this bird is wild. I would like to know what I can feed this bird to get better and set him free. Thanks.

100_8874_2.jpg 

You should look for a rehabilation center for wild birds or a shelter or anywhere which might have an expert which can take care of this bird. The adult I think you can feed wild seeds, but the baby you should feed bread. I'm not sure if the adult will feed the baby, but you can try.