2 replies to this topic

#1 purplepain

purplepain

purplepain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

I know this is a common bird call...I have been hearing this call my whole life, but I have never really known about birds until the last few months...and now I want to know what it is. I think it might be a migratory bird just passing by and I want to know asap so I can try to see it.

I will do my best to describe this call...as I said, this is a VERY common bird call, I have heard it here in Utah before and I heard it growing up in Wisconsin, I know I've even heard it on movies and TV shows...

It's a two part whistle one longer higher note and one shorter slightly lower note and it just repeats. Please help!

#2 PrivatePigg

PrivatePigg

PrivatePigg

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

It's probably a black-capped chickadee.

Here is the song. When you click the link, you'll go to the Cornell black-capped chickadee page. Just click the "listen to songs of this species" link and it should play. The first part of the recording should be what you are looking for. If not, we'll keep trying!

#3 purplepain

purplepain

purplepain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:09 PM

Thank you a million times over!!!! YES! This is EXACTLY what I heard! Thank you for being able to take my weak discription and come up with the bird...that's awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users