#1 FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Texas

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

How can I adjust the photo size after I have uploaded the photo to this site. I have found out that right clicking provides the ability to download a large file from this site. How do I fix that?

#2 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot-Big Hammer Spammer Slammer and Benevolent Dictator

• Administrators
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

I'm not sure that I understand your question.  640K is the limit of photo size of a photo to upload directly to the site.  Usually this can be done with even a large pixel count photo by limiting resolution quality.  The resolution quality usually means very little unless you are printing the file, computer monitor resolution requirement is much less than print resolution requirement.

Usually you limit the photo size before you load it to the Forums.

Bigfoot

#3 FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

I haven't tried to print any of my photos but maybe I should try. I'm hoping that no one can use them without permission and it could be nothing to worry about. Thank you!

#4 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot-Big Hammer Spammer Slammer and Benevolent Dictator

• Administrators
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Spoony, for members to use the photos without your permission would be a violation of your copyright.  Although I have not heard of the use of photos without permission, it is possible because there in no way to make absolutely sure that photos cannot be copied.  There is no way to assure that pictures are not copied through website control that I know of. There are some programming measures but all can be defeated.

I understand your concern and agree with the concern.  There has been no problem and we expect that to continue.

One way is to limit the quality factors of photos that only render prints of undesirable resolution.  

Bigfoot

#5 FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

FarAwayEyes

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

I understand. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users