Photo
- - - - -

Posting Problems?, Please Report them here.

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot-Big Hammer Spammer Slammer and Benevolent Dictator

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

The previous thread/Topic got deleted because there was Spam in the thread.

But New problems may be posted here

Bigfoot
Commander of the Spammer Slammer Hammer

#2 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thanks so much, BF!

cestma and Bird Brain did indeed ID the problem (user confusion) and did provide the correct solution (read the entire instruction set on flickr)!

Love y'all for putting up with the likes of me! B)

For this "Crack Team" service, you will have to go birding and help get the last 8 unique birds for our contest, this will put us to the 600 bird mark for the Aug Contest.

BF 

#3 jhauser42

jhauser42

Big Year Data Recorder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yep.  I was trying to help someone else with Flickr and I could not figure it out.  I never saw the little tick box to switch from HTML to BBCode.  And consider myself a bit of a computer geek.  I can just imagine what someone who is not goes through to figure that out!  I find Photobucket and Imgur far easier to use

Life List (Started Aug 2012): 168

Latest: Lesser Yellowlegs: 14 August 2014

#4 I-Bird...U-Bird?

I-Bird...U-Bird?

M Denise O

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

This particular confusion happens a lot, which to me means the onus is on Flickr to make its site clearer. Every time I read psweet telling someone how to share a link and he has to start with "click on the box that looks like it has an arrow jumping out of it," I just shake my head. :rolleyes:

I don't even know why sites just assume everyone will know the difference between "html" and "BBC." Doesn't the latter stem from Bulletin Board days? (Which I do remember, but never mind.) How about just saying "Forums?"

/rant

In my professional life as an Instructional Systems Designer, these are exactly the types things that I try my best to keep from happening in computer assisted and online instructional training products. I just stubbed my toe on this one...and you're correct...when the same thing keep happening over and over, then it needs to be changed, because it's not as clear as it should be... :blink:

OK - I've gotten sorta serious about this, now...I have probably seen many of these birds at one point in my lifetime before this, but I have definitely never taken the time to record them...so...here goes!

2014 Lifers:
114-117 01-11 Ring-billed Gull, Savannah Sparrow, Pileated Woodpecker, Great Crested Flycatcher
118-120 01-12 Greater Scaup, Northern Harrier, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
121-127 01-26 Red-breasted Merganser, Piping Plover, Willet, Ruddy Turnstone, Sanderling, Forster's Tern, Black Skimmer
128 01-29 Black-and-white Warbler
129 02-01 Lesser Yellowlegs
130-131 02-04 Horned Grebe, Bonaparte's Gull
132 02-08 Great Black-backed Gull

Flickr

#5 I-Bird...U-Bird?

I-Bird...U-Bird?

M Denise O

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

For this "Crack Team" service, you will have to go birding and help get the last 8 unique birds for our contest, this will put us to the 600 bird mark for the Aug Contest.

BF 

Roger, that! :P I am headed out to MINWR this afternoon to see what I can scrounge up!

OK - I've gotten sorta serious about this, now...I have probably seen many of these birds at one point in my lifetime before this, but I have definitely never taken the time to record them...so...here goes!

2014 Lifers:
114-117 01-11 Ring-billed Gull, Savannah Sparrow, Pileated Woodpecker, Great Crested Flycatcher
121-127 01-26 Red-breasted Merganser, Piping Plover, Willet, Ruddy Turnstone, Sanderling, Forster's Tern, Black Skimmer

Flickr

#6 I-Bird...U-Bird?

I-Bird...U-Bird?

M Denise O

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

ok - I went back to flickr one more time...and realized that part of the problem is that the two radio buttons are at the bottom of that selection area, so one might think that the selection has been made and no further options are available. Also, the labels for the radio buttons are grayed out, again, indicating there is no action to be taken there.

Attached File  flickr-html-BBC-selection.JPG   40.29KB   6 downloads

The very simple fix for this would be to move the radio buttons to the top of the section and to change their color to...oh, maybe black, or green, or something other than gray, and then to provide I prompt, like, "Select either html or BBC."

sorry...got into my ISD mode...

2014 Lifers:

Flickr

#7 99bird99

99bird99

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

For some reason I can't upload a picture with more than 50.77K. I can't make it that small in my programs. What should I do?

#8 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

For some reason I can't upload a picture with more than 50.77K. I can't make it that small in my programs. What should I do?

Try it again 99, at some point you will have to revert to Remote Posting, as described in the FAQ's second Post.

Bigfoot

#9 madde889

madde889

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Just tried to post in the bird ID section but it never showed up! I'm new, not spam!! :(

#10 Liam

Liam

Osprey Fanatic

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,680 posts
  • LocationHephzibah, GA

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Just tried to post in the bird ID section but it never showed up!

Check again. ;)

http://www.whatbird....6387-lost-loon/

4riN89X.png Liam
Flickr | Blog
eBird needs your sightings!

#11 Pat B.

Pat B.

Young at heart birder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationNorthern Utah

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just remember, as I just had to again this week: when you are posting a photo, from your Flickr photostream, of a new find:

for eBird, use Flickr's HTML code in your comment (which seems to be the default)

for WhatBird, use Flickr's BB code in your post (there is an option, but it is not obvious)

~ Pat ~ I eBird. Do you?

Life list 281. Latest: Little Blue Heron, Bobolink, Brown Creeper, Mute Swan, Surf Scoter, Sabine's Gull, Solitary Sandpiper, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Black Tern, Ruddy Turnstone

#12 ptgbirdlover

ptgbirdlover

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Trying to reach Bigfoot with my question. I am just wondering if the post I tried to make this morning is in the process of going through, or whether I should be concerned that perhaps it didn't work as expected, and try to post it again. It was from me (id ptgbirdlover) and asked if anyone could help me in confirming a warbler i.d. as being a Palm Warbler in central NJ. I think it is, but I am still pretty new to this warbler identification game and I just want to see if I have it right.

Should I post again? Or simply be patient and know that my post will go through eventually? I have posted before a few times, so I thought the "new member" delay might be a thing of the past, but maybe I am wrong. Thanks for any advice!

#13 Liam

Liam

Osprey Fanatic

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,680 posts
  • LocationHephzibah, GA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hi Ptgbirdlover,

By now the filter should be gone and you should be able to post freely. Here is your topic.

You can find your posts by going to your profile and selecting "Posts" or "Topics" on the left side of your screen under your avatar.

Hope this helps! thumb.gif

4riN89X.png Liam
Flickr | Blog
eBird needs your sightings!

#14 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Trying to reach Bigfoot with my question. I am just wondering if the post I tried to make this morning is in the process of going through, or whether I should be concerned that perhaps it didn't work as expected, and try to post it again. It was from me (id ptgbirdlover) and asked if anyone could help me in confirming a warbler i.d. as being a Palm Warbler in central NJ. I think it is, but I am still pretty new to this warbler identification game and I just want to see if I have it right.

Should I post again? Or simply be patient and know that my post will go through eventually? I have posted before a few times, so I thought the "new member" delay might be a thing of the past, but maybe I am wrong. Thanks for any advice!

Sorry to be late here... but Liam is correct, 

If you continue to have problems, please post them here.

Bigfoot

#15 sgrundbron

sgrundbron

sgrundbron

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

How do I delete albums in My Gallery? I have a few empty albums which occurred when I couldn't upload photos before the page timed out. 

thanks

#16 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

How do I delete albums in My Gallery? I have a few empty albums which occurred when I couldn't upload photos before the page timed out. 

thanks

I don't know exactly, but if you send me or post the information about the Galleries you want deleted, ole Bigfoot has the power.

BF

#17 ejay

ejay

Texas Birder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I believe I double posted a topic. How do I delete? or are you the one who deletes?

Life list: 294

Yearlist: 270

ABA Yearlist:204

Favorite Bird Group: DUCKS

Most Recent Lifer: American Avocet

Goals:

• Go birding A LOT
  • Get life list to 300
  • Get year list to 225 DONE!

Project Noah

http://www.projectnoah.org/users/jansonep

#18 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

I believe I double posted a topic. How do I delete? or are you the one who deletes?

Ejay

It be me to delete.  OK I found it.

BF

#19 Aveschapines

Aveschapines

Helen - la pajarera fantástica

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationQuetzaltenango, Guatemala

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Bigfoot can delete; but usually someone marks one as a double post, so people know to go to the other post and keep all the answers together.  You could edit the title to say "double post, please ignore" or some such thing; click "edit" then "use full editor" to change the title.

Latest lifer: Elegant Euphonia

#20 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Bigfoot can delete; but usually someone marks one as a double post, so people know to go to the other post and keep all the answers together.  You could edit the title to say "double post, please ignore" or some such thing; click "edit" then "use full editor" to change the title.

Thanks Helen

In this case the first member to post recognized the Dup Post and marked it that way, so this one I deleted, other posts, Helen is correct, and I can merge posts if there are different answers, to keep all the information.

Bigfoot can do this, the only problem is information, I need help sometimes to alert me to the issues.

Also sometimes Simians have BIG Fingers and typing is problem, also batteries to keep computers going.  One Solar panel is not enough to charge batteries for Computers in the bush.... Ahhh.. fading battery...

BF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users