Photo
- - - - -

Posting Problems?, Please Report them here.

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot-Big Hammer Spammer Slammer and Benevolent Dictator

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

The previous thread/Topic got deleted because there was Spam in the thread.

But New problems may be posted here

Bigfoot
Commander of the Spammer Slammer Hammer

#2 roller67

roller67

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

OK ... just found the delete option in MY PROFILE !  That should do it

#3 jhauser42

jhauser42

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

OK ... just found the delete option in MY PROFILE !  That should do it

Rather than deleting the pics so that no one can see them later you are much better off using an offsite photo hosting service like Photobucket or Flickr.  There are people that look at the threads a while after they are posted and the lack of a photo makes them less useful.  You can also post much higher resolution photos on the other sites as there is a very limited space for photos on this site.

Life List (Started Aug 2012): 174 Latest: Ross's Goose, American Pipit, Northern Harrier: 21 November 2014

#4 Araven

Araven

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I am having a hard time posting photos sometimes - I get an error message that a photo is too large when it's not. If I try to post a link to my Flickr photo by putting the URL into the box after clicking the Image icon above, I get a message that the format isn't allowed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

#5 jhauser42

jhauser42

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

When using Flickr you do not want the actual URL of the photo.  You want the BBCode which is found by going to the share page (a box with an arrow pointing up-right) and then clicking on the pin.  This will give you the proper BBCode

The proper code will look like:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/fz91RN][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/9564002904_6034a25645_o.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/fz91RN]DSCF1916[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/35619399@N08/]jhauser4242[/url], on Flickr

This is the only pic I have at flickr for testing:

9564002904_6034a25645_o.jpgDSCF1916 by jhauser4242, on Flickr

To get rid of the extra stuff after the pic use:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/fz91RN][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/9564002904_6034a25645_o.jpg[/img][/url]

There may be an easier way, but I do not use flickr.  Others may have more info for you.

Life List (Started Aug 2012): 174 Latest: Ross's Goose, American Pipit, Northern Harrier: 21 November 2014

#6 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Bigfoot-Big Hammer Spammer Slammer and Benevolent Dictator

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I am having a hard time posting photos sometimes - I get an error message that a photo is too large when it's not. If I try to post a link to my Flickr photo by putting the URL into the box after clicking the Image icon above, I get a message that the format isn't allowed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Try again Araven

You should try to keep your photos to about 200 kb in size, because eventually you will use up your allocated space and will have to use remote posting, as is described in the FAQ's second post.

Bigfoot

Commander of the Spammer Slammer Hammer

#7 Araven

Araven

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

jhauser42, thanks so much! I was using the incorrect link from Flickr and this cleared it up for me. I appreciate your time!

Bigfoot, thank you! I will check on that. I'm new here and still, obviously, figuring it out ;)

#8 Fancy

Fancy

Wigeon

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

I have two problems with photos.

I use Dropbox, and I usually just put the link, but embedding the photos are much easier for other people. I've tried to embed photos, but I don't seem to be doing it correctly. I'll grab the url, put it in the link thing in the bar above (where the emoticons, fonts, etc are), and put and (and the same with 'img' inside the brackets on either side). When I do this, it shows up as a white box with a blue thing inside. I've correctly embedded it once before, but I accidentally undid it. Is that what you're supposed to do? I don't know. I've tried just putting the [url] or just putting it in the link thing, but nothing seems to work. 

I also had a problem similar to Araven's. When I tried to do the thing I mentioned above to show the white box in this post, it said the format was incorrect. I've done that before, and it just shows up as a white box, so I don't know what changed. Are there any Dropbox users on here that may know how? I've googled around but can't seem to find much.

Thanks for any help.

Never mind, figured it out. For other Dropbox users, this is how to embed photos:

1. Upload to 'Public Folder'

2. Click on 'Copy Public Link' near the top

3. Copy and paste link that comes up

4. Put img*____(link) /img* on either side

5. DONE!

*Put brackets around the img, like this: [ ] It won't let me do that without a photo, though. Don't put the asterisks.

Most recent lifer: Mountain Bluebird!
Most recent yearbird (besides lifers)Violet-green Swallow

14 year old birder ~ been birding since the summer of 2012 and definitely hooked!     

Costa Rica Trip Report

Sonoma, CA Trip Report

Panama Trip Report

My Flickr

Spoiler

#9 @lternateplumage

@lternateplumage

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

I made a post to the ID help forum, which took my daily post count down one, but the post did not show up...

#10 Liam

Liam

JimBob's Pancakes are the Best!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,555 posts
  • LocationHephzibah, GA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Sorry, all mods were away today, looks like.

All your posts have been approved.

qO1ocya.png

Flickr | Blog
eBird needs your sightings!

RPBLf08.png

#11 Kalle

Kalle

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

gaaa........... im over my photo limit..... dont like that it is a limit on how many photos i can have. Only real solution would be to delete old posts... I dont want to use flickr 

#12 Lisa

Lisa

Waitin' on the warblers

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

gaaa........... im over my photo limit..... dont like that it is a limit on how many photos i can have. Only real solution would be to delete old posts... I dont want to use flickr

Try imgur. I use that for the that I need ID'ed but don't want to add to my Flickr stream because they're so bad. :D

-Lisa

Life List (started January 2014):  164, thanks to two Common Ravens that eBird thinks are rare, even though they're not

#13 dklucius

dklucius

ancient birdwatcher

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Locationdurango colorado

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

flickr is a hassle for me most of the time and it has changed several times last couple weeks so I post mostly with photobucket lots easier and works each time

#14 Lisa

Lisa

Waitin' on the warblers

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

I used photobucket a long time ago but now it runs so many video ads that things take forever to load and getting around is slow. Imgur is what photobucket used to be. There's also Dropbox, but I'm not sure that they give you BBCode since all of the Dropbox users seem to post links instead of embedding the pic.

-Lisa

Life List (started January 2014):  164, thanks to two Common Ravens that eBird thinks are rare, even though they're not

#15 Fancy

Fancy

Wigeon

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

I used photobucket a long time ago but now it runs so many video ads that things take forever to load and getting around is slow. Imgur is what photobucket used to be. There's also Dropbox, but I'm not sure that they give you BBCode since all of the Dropbox users seem to post links instead of embedding the pic.

-Lisa

There's no BBCode, but you can embed links. That's what I do now.

Most recent lifer: Mountain Bluebird!
Most recent yearbird (besides lifers)Violet-green Swallow

14 year old birder ~ been birding since the summer of 2012 and definitely hooked!     

Costa Rica Trip Report

Sonoma, CA Trip Report

Panama Trip Report

My Flickr

Spoiler

#16 Nakota

Nakota

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

I just joined this afternoon, got registed, approved.  Then posted, but my post still hasn't shown up.  That was about 3 hours ago.  Is that normal since I'm new and my post needs approval?

#17 Liam

Liam

JimBob's Pancakes are the Best!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,555 posts
  • LocationHephzibah, GA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

My apologies, when no mods are online (e.g. birding, watching anime, etc.) there's no one to approve the posts so sometimes the wait is a few hours.

qO1ocya.png

Flickr | Blog
eBird needs your sightings!

RPBLf08.png

#18 pecosd

pecosd

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Posted a grassland bird. I am an advanced member. No one has seen the post. All the other posts have been seen many times since I put mine up. 

30 - 100 views some of them.

Pecosd

#19 jhauser42

jhauser42

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

When I look at the posts you have made I do not see anything about a grasslands bird.  Other than this post I see you made one in the Injured Raven thread and before that your last post was December 23rd.

Can you post the link to your post?

Now I see your post and Liam has answered.

#20 JimBob

JimBob

Little SuperBirder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,107 posts
  • LocationSan Diego County

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

For some reason, multiple times when I've gone to the forum home page it says "Whatbird driver not working" or something along those lines. I just have to make a new tab, but it's kind of annoying...

ABA list: 468 Latest- Roseate Spoonbill and Sprague's Pipit
Yard List- 105 Latest: Northern Shoveler
My flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/89595711@N08/  

http://www.youtube.c...a?feature=watch

I may live in San Diego County, but my home and heart will always be in Missouri.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users