#1 spookyjimjams

spookyjimjams

Northern and Central California birder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationTracy, California

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

When starting the app, it always defaults to 924 birds. While it will remember the location, it will only remember it if you try to start a search. I'd like it if it truely remembered the location so that I could start the app and go straight to the list of birds for the area I normally use.

I'd also like it if the app remembered that I want the list sorted last name, first name, rather than the other way around. I like to scroll through similar groups of birds at once without telling it to do so everytime I open the app.

Lifelist: 240
Latest lifer: Wrentit
I support Ebird.com & the North American Bird Phenology Program!

#2 goofy166

goofy166

goofy166

• Administrators
  • 1,992 posts
  • LocationSausalito, CA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

iBird for Android has a Remember Location feature in More->Settings ithat allows the search location to not be reset with the other values in the search. But yes the browse page does not show the same list of matched species. That's by design and we believe it's the better way to do this. By leaving the browse page showing ALL birds you can trust any text you enter in the search field will be looking at all species. All it takes is one menu selection to see the list from the search page filtered by the saved location. We think this is a better less confusing design.

As far as the view settings they ARE remembered as long as you don't shut down the app.
Mitchell Waite
3001 Bridgeway, Suite K-321
Sausalito CA 94941

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users