• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lark song

lark song

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I just installed v 2.2.1 on LG Optimus S phone. Search with attributes isn't filtering correctly (Worked fine in v. 2.09). Here's what happens:
1) Select Location:: Tennessee... result 264 Birds
2) Keyword or Latin... etc:: sparrow ... result 264 birds
3) clear Keyword box
4) Add attribute:: Body perching-like... result 136 birds
5) Keyword or Latin... etc:: sparrow ... result 136 birds
Ie, resulting list includes all perching types in listed for TN... Flycatchers, crows, etc. Same result occurs if I enter Cardinal instead of sparrow. list does not filter out non-cardinals. Same if I enter Eastern.

With v. 2.09 I could enter the Location & sparrow without entering any other attributes. The resulting list would include only sparrow-types for that location.Entering Eastern would result in list of TN birds with names that include Eastern. Expected the same in 2.2. Not sure if Search functionality changed or if it's a bug.

Another question: When looking under Location, there are bullet selections for Any Value or All values. Changing form one to another doesn't seem to change anything. What does ANY value mean?

#2 Janeybug

Janeybug

Janeybug

• Administrators
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hi there. I do not know the answer to your questions but I am trying to find someone who does :-) Someone will get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

#3 lark song

lark song

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

After re-reading the following topic, I think my search issue is another part of the same problem & is probably a bug:
Search Bug when removing constraints

#4 madeline

madeline

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yes, this does appear to be a bug. I will contact the developers and have them look into it. Thanks for alerting us.

#5 lark song

lark song

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Update: re my comment above, posted 11 August 2012 - 06:48 PM
I guess the problem isn't the same as described in that topic-- An Administrator posted there that the problem is fixed in version 2.2.1. I double-checked & my iBird version is 2.2.1, but my problem still exists. Ex,
1) select Location :: TN ... result 264 birds
2) type in Cardinal ... result 264 birds
Location is filtered but there's no filtering of text entry

#6 goofy166

goofy166

goofy166

• Administrators
  • 1,992 posts
  • LocationSausalito, CA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Are you typing Cardinal on the search page or the browse page after you press View?
Mitchell Waite
3001 Bridgeway, Suite K-321
Sausalito CA 94941

#7 lark song

lark song

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

On the Search page in the text box just above the list of attributes... Cardinal may not be the best example, so here's another: with v 2.0.9, I'd select Tennessee & type Eastern into the text box above the attributes. When I hit the View button, I would have a Tennessee list with Eastern Bluebird, Eastern Screech-Owl, Eastern Towhee, etc. With v 2.2.1, after selecting Tennessee & entering Eastern, the View button yields the entire list of TN birds, starting with Acadian Flycatcher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users