lark song

Search problem v. 2.2.1

7 posts in this topic

I just installed v 2.2.1 on LG Optimus S phone. Search with attributes isn't filtering correctly (Worked fine in v. 2.09). Here's what happens:

1) Select Location:: Tennessee... result 264 Birds

2) Keyword or Latin... etc:: sparrow ... result 264 birds

3) clear Keyword box

4) Add attribute:: Body perching-like... result 136 birds

5) Keyword or Latin... etc:: sparrow ... result 136 birds

Ie, resulting list includes all perching types in listed for TN... Flycatchers, crows, etc. Same result occurs if I enter Cardinal instead of sparrow. list does not filter out non-cardinals. Same if I enter Eastern.

With v. 2.09 I could enter the Location & sparrow without entering any other attributes. The resulting list would include only sparrow-types for that location.Entering Eastern would result in list of TN birds with names that include Eastern. Expected the same in 2.2. Not sure if Search functionality changed or if it's a bug.

Another question: When looking under Location, there are bullet selections for Any Value or All values. Changing form one to another doesn't seem to change anything. What does ANY value mean?

Hi there. I do not know the answer to your questions but I am trying to find someone who does :-) Someone will get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Yes, this does appear to be a bug. I will contact the developers and have them look into it. Thanks for alerting us.

Update: re my comment above, posted 11 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

I guess the problem isn't the same as described in that topic-- An Administrator posted there that the problem is fixed in version 2.2.1. I double-checked & my iBird version is 2.2.1, but my problem still exists. Ex,

1) select Location :: TN ... result 264 birds

2) type in Cardinal ... result 264 birds

Location is filtered but there's no filtering of text entry

Are you typing Cardinal on the search page or the browse page after you press View?

On the Search page in the text box just above the list of attributes... Cardinal may not be the best example, so here's another: with v 2.0.9, I'd select Tennessee & type Eastern into the text box above the attributes. When I hit the View button, I would have a Tennessee list with Eastern Bluebird, Eastern Screech-Owl, Eastern Towhee, etc. With v 2.2.1, after selecting Tennessee & entering Eastern, the View button yields the entire list of TN birds, starting with Acadian Flycatcher.