#1 threeofhardts

threeofhardts

threeofhardts

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

It's been rather boring in the backyard recently. I'm over run by House Finches and Blue Jays. I see the occasional Black-capped Chickadee and Downy Woodpecker but my Hairys and Red-bellied Woodpeckers have been MIA for weeks. Once in a while I still see a Rose-breasted Grosbeak or a Baltimore Oriole or two but I can't wait to see some of the Fall migratory birds. I even miss the Dark-eyed Juncos.

I'd rather be birding.

#2 spookyjimjams

spookyjimjams

spookyjimjams

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationTracy, California

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

I agree. I need to see some more interesting birds than the pigeons, mockingbirds, and starlings that have taken over my neighborhood.

Lifelist: 234
Latest lifer: Townsend's Warbler
I support Ebird.com & the North American Bird Phenology Program!

#3 Clip

Clip

Still Just a Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2416 posts
  • LocationCentennial, CO

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

I third looking forward to fall migration. Not just for backyard birds but for birding all around. My life list hasn't grown much this summer. Plus there are some cool birds that pass through here with only a short window of oppurtunity to see them. Like the Cedar Waxwing. We also get some cool birds that winter here. Like Juncos.

Happy Birding :)

#4 JimBob

JimBob

Little SuperBirder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11371 posts
  • LocationSan Diego County

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm seeing some warblers here... And when I go to the right places, tons of shorebirds.

ABA list: 385 Latest- Lesser Nighthawk
Yearlist: 226 Latest- Too many to list
Yard List- 98 latest: MacGillivray's Warbler and Lazuli Bunting
My flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/89595711@N08/  

http://www.youtube.c...a?feature=watch Subscribe to me on YouTube! (if you feel like it)

I may live in San Diego County, but my home and heart will always be in Missouri.

#5 dklucius

dklucius

ancient birdwatcher

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2851 posts
  • Locationdurango colorado

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

here the song birds have been leaving the orioles and tanagers are gone and the grosbeaks are eating all day long getting ready to go and the hummers are starting to leave. the mourning doves are mostly gone. the pine siskins are getting more active and a few nuthatches and chickadees have come down from the mountains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users