Several IDs and confirmations needed
Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:21 PM
1. which empid? http://s9.postimage....pp/DSC_0085.jpg
2. Oriole or warbler? http://s13.postimage...1x/DSC_0143.jpg http://s9.postimage....lp/DSC_0146.jpg
These two were taken at sunnyvale baylands on the 14th:
3. Elegant tern? http://s9.postimage....a5/DSC_0246.jpg
4. Grebe? Northern shoveler in pic for size comparison. http://s11.postimage...wh/DSC_0250.jpg
These three were taken at mt. tamalpais on the 16th:
5. Golden Crowned Kinglet http://s14.postimage...lc/DSC_0285.jpg
6. Townsend's Warbler http://s11.postimage...4y/DSC_0307.jpg
7. Bird of Prey (Northern Harrier? thought the habitat was odd, since I usually see harriers in the marsh and this was on a mountain pretty high up) http://s14.postimage...z3/DSC_0342.jpg http://s16.postimage...bn/DSC_0348.jpg
This Last bird was seen washed up on the sand at Rodeo beach on the 16th.
8. WARNING: THIS BIRD IS DEAD SO BE PREPARED FOR A GRUESOME PICTURE http://s10.postimage...yv/DSC_0387.jpg
I figured the last one must be some kind of auk, but it didn't quite look like any of the ones in iBird.
Most recent Lifers: Snowy Owl, Northern Shrike, Red-throated Loon, Red-breasted Merganser
Life List: 585
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:33 PM
2. Yellow Warbler, Orioles have longer tails and wings.
3. With that long bill, an Elegant Tern
4. Eared Grebe
5. Golden-crowned Kinglet confirmed
6. Townsend's Warbler confirmed
7. An accipiter, straight wings suggests Cooper's.
8. Definitely an alcid, I'm assuming a Common Murre in basic plumage.
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:35 PM
Agree with Liam on id.
ABA list: 370 Latest- Greater Scaup
Yard List- 94 latest: Hermit Thrush
My flickr (yay for them making my flickr back to "nromal"): http://www.flickr.co...s/89595711@N08/
http://www.youtube.c...a?feature=watch Subscribe to me on YouTube! (if you feel like it)
I may live in San Diego County, but my home and heart will always be in Missouri.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users