DaveJ922

Save Search

8 posts in this topic

I'd like to save a list that I get when doing a search so I could quickly go to it when wanted.

i.e. When I search my state (NC) it reduces the number of listing from 926 to 336, a much

more manageable number. Then I could go on to another search without having to keep

creating a new search for the same as I have already done.

Can I?

I don't believe that you are able to save searches in the Android Version, but you can quickly do your NC search and then search again by some other feature, say habitat, or color and the system searches only the NC birds for the new list.

Save search is available on the iPad version and also the iJournal which is not released yet. (Soon)

I will double check about the save feature but I have the Android and I do not see it.

Bigfoot

I believe there is a setting on the More page under Settings for remembering the location so you only need to enter it once. The iPhone has this feature too.

Goofy:

I found the Save Location in the More settings and have checked it.

Now after I have changed my search to say SC

where do I get my NC back quickly?

You need to FIRST do a search by Location in iBird then go to Settings and select Save Location. It remembers what ever is currently selected for Location. If you made ND your default Location then when you reset the iBird search you should find NC has already been selected. To change to a brand new location you will need to turn the setting off.

I see that my Search (location, habitat, backyard reducing list to 71) is "remembered" between iBird sessions. That's great. But I wonder if I could save this particular search with a name for later use, then create a very different search and then save it with a different name. Is this what you can already do on the iPhone version? Will it come to Android version 3+?