#1 Journi

Journi

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

photos taken Jan. 2013 at lake thunderbird in norman, ok..... this busy lil' guy did not hold still for many photo ops LOL

white chest, black head, bluish gray body, he did have a thin black stripe from his eye

thank you for your help :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jdeitsch

jdeitsch

Pro-life Birder

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

White-breasted Nuthatch

Flickr: http://www.flickr.co.../103058792@N02/
West Trip Report: http://www.whatbird....0669-west-trip/
Trip Report Mini: http://www.whatbird....eorgia-big-day/

Lifelist: 311
Odes: 48

-----------------
So how has the entire global warming frenzy with all its predictions of dire consequences, become so widely believed, accepted and regarded as a real threat to planet Earth? That is the most amazing part of the story.

To start with global warming has the backing of the United Nations, a major world force. Second, it has the backing of a former Vice President and very popular political figure. Third it has the endorsement of Hollywood, and that’s enough for millions. And, fourth, the environmentalists love global warming. It is their tool to combat fossil fuels. So with the environmentalists, the UN, Gore and Hollywood touting Global Warming and predictions of doom and gloom, the media has scrambled with excitement to climb aboard. After all the media loves a crisis. From YK2 to killer bees the media just loves to tell us our lives are threatened. And the media is biased toward liberal, so it’s pre-programmed to support Al Gore and UN. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The LA Times, The Washington Post, the Associated Press and here in San Diego The Union Tribune are all constantly promoting the global warming crisis.

---------------

#3 betiam

betiam

betiam

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationColorado ... at 9,000 ft.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Definitely a white-breasted.

Bette

#4 Journi

Journi

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

thank you, i guess it was the thin black eye line that made me question myself, i hadnt noticed them in the photos of the white breasted pics i was looking at.... thank you for the help! this is a new one for me :)

#5 BarnSwallow

BarnSwallow

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts
  • LocationMonkton Maryland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, that black eyeline is weird for a white-breasted, but it's definitely a white-breasted, just an odd one.

#6 Chaseman

Chaseman

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, GA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Pretty much a dead give-away on the White-breasted Nuthatch when you see them come down the tree head first.

#7 BarnSwallow

BarnSwallow

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts
  • LocationMonkton Maryland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

The other nuthatches do that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users