wilbar

Please help identify bird

11 posts in this topic

Photo taken today (2/7/13) in Chesapeake, Virginia. Total bird length is about 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 inches.11iiAb9.jpg

Thanks Ant/Amber/Cany. The white eyebrow caused me to ignore the last tree-clinging bird in the Audobon field guide. But I can see it now.

I'm jealous that you have a brown creeper at your feeder! We have plenty of them in the woods behind me, but I've never had one in my yard.

I'm jealous that you have a brown creeper at your feeder! We have plenty of them in the woods behind me, but I've never had one in my yard.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder if the difference is placement of the suet feeder. Mine is on a pole with another feeder. I wonder if I attached it to a mature tree trunk if it would be more likely to attract creepers.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder if the difference is placement of the suet feeder. Mine is on a pole with another feeder. I wonder if I attached it to a mature tree trunk if it would be more likely to attract creepers.

Since their job in life is running up and down trees, I would think that would be ideal!

If I did that, my suet would be overrun with squirrels!

I suppose one could use differential sized wire/caging which would allow them in, but not the squirrels? I used to do that in my aviary and it worked great to keep certain birds away from the nest boxes of others.

Yes, that's why mine's on the pole with the squirrel guard (stove-pipe style).