Outsider

Bird ID

11 posts in this topic

White-breasted Nuthatch. Nice photo!

Wow I wish I had known about this site sooner. Learning so much and what a help to label what my photos are of.

God you guys are so good I wish I could do that

Spend several months on here and you'll be on your way!

1 person likes this

@Outsider - now you will be able to do it with this bird. And you'll be able to help someone else!

1 person likes this

What's with the black eye stripe? Or am I imagining that?

Compare: allaboutbwww.irds.org/guide/White-breasted_Nuthatch/id

Stokes actually shows a bird that has a similar marking. I'm not sure, but it looks like that line traces just above the auricular tract -- it may just be that the feathers are a bit out of place.

Stokes actually shows a bird that has a similar marking. I'm not sure, but it looks like that line traces just above the auricular tract -- it may just be that the feathers are a bit out of place.

Okay, thanks:) I looked at that and it didn't match anything else than a nuthatch, but I have not seen that on the birds I have seen. But then, I'm a newbie so I certainly have not seen what you and others have. Appreciate it!

Someone posted a pic of one recently that had a similar line. Then I saw one on my feeder that had one, but it disappeared when the bird changed position, so I agree that it's just feather positioning that makes it look like it has an eyeline.