cany

Egyptian geese and their six goslings

10 posts in this topic

Found these on the banks of the Santa Ana River today. Yes, I know they are not native. But they are cute.

There's six little ones in there.

8526075251_25499c1b92.jpg

100_1547 by canyon53ss, on Flickr

Goslings are darling! And Egyption geese are pretty fine looking as well. I understand they're starting to naturalize?

I think California and Florida are in competition for which state has the largest number of breeding invasives. :mellow: These guys might have less impact than 18 foot long snakes, though.

1 person likes this

I HATE INTRODUCED SPECIES>>>>>FROM THE SMALLEST BUG TO THE BIGGEST SNAKE. <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

;)

I think it's kind of funny, Egyptian Geese aren't really geese. They're in the shelduck family.

Found these on the banks of the Santa Ana River today. Yes, I know they are not native. But they are cute.

There's six little ones in there.

8526075251_25499c1b92.jpg

100_1547 by canyon53ss, on Flickr

Probably the same ones I took pictures of on Saturday :P well, maybe. I was at Yorba Regional.

I didn't think these guys were too harmful to native species (from something I read). But dunno.

I think it's kind of funny, Egyptian Geese aren't really geese. They're in the shelduck family.

Speaking of which...anyone know what makes a shelduck a shelduck? :)

Probably the same ones I took pictures of on Saturday :P well, maybe. I was at Yorba Regional.

I didn't think these guys were too harmful to native species (from something I read). But dunno.

Ah ha! Were there four little ones when you saw them? I read that on OCBirding I think. Well, now there are six:) I crawled through the wooden fence at the back of Yorba and was walking the trail there. It's such a wonderfully great area because of all the vegetation in the river. I saw a couple things I couldn't even identify.

I was slightly east of the "lake" but on the river trail. They were very carefully guarding their little ones.

I HATE INTRODUCED SPECIES>>>>>FROM THE SMALLEST BUG TO THE BIGGEST SNAKE. <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

;)

I promise I won't tell them:)

1 person likes this