Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
cany

Share your best photo of the day!

Since my best photo of the day often happens on my way into work, and it's already tomorrow when I get out of work, here's my best of the (yester)day. I had Canada Geese, Killdeer, adult male Barn Swallow, juvenile Barn Swallow, and Great Blue Heron photos to choose from. I think this juvenile Barn Swallow shot was my best photo of the day.

e4GoKto.jpg

• Like 7

Didn't do much picture taking today (busy preparing for weekend guests), but did catch this little tree frog hanging out in my vertical strawberry planter again :)  I just love his camo colors!

07112013-2.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe this isn't my best photo from yesterday, but it's probably the best bird photo, at least of the ones that I have had a chance to work on! I almost never finish processing photos from a shoot on the same day that I took them so I hope you all are a little forgiving on timing in this thread. :)

On Being One with Light and Water

xPQaQAJ.jpg

• Like 6

Maybe this isn't my best photo from yesterday, but it's probably the best bird photo, at least of the ones that I have had a chance to work on! I almost never finish processing photos from a shoot on the same day that I took them so I hope you all are a little forgiving on timing in this thread. :)

On Being One with Light and Water

xPQaQAJ.jpg

Looks great to me:) I don't process anything, so you are WAY ahead of me:)

Looks great to me:) I don't process anything, so you are WAY ahead of me:)

Thanks, cany. :) I am constantly finding that other peoples ideas of 'best' are different than my own. I'll have one that to me is the bees knees and it's just ho-hum to most other folds. As to processing, consider yourself lucky. Once you start down that road the backlog gets enormous very quickly. I could probably spend a couple of months at this point just catching up.

• Like 1

It was raining all day today and very dreary, so didn't get many good pics, but being willing to get out in the rain netted me some great sightings...a Great Blue Heron, Little Blue Heron, 2 pair of Mississippi Kites and this Green Heron, besides all the usual suspects.

07132013-55.JPG

• Like 6

It was raining all day today and very dreary, so didn't get many good pics, but being willing to get out in the rain netted me some great sightings...a Great Blue Heron, Little Blue Heron, 2 pair of Mississippi Kites and this Green Heron, besides all the usual suspects.

Seeing a Green Heron makes any day a good day. One of my favorite birds. :)

• Like 1

I found this dove to be quite lovely, and it was one of my better pictures from the weekend.

9296503278_51493099e5_z.jpg
Mourning Dove by notrufus, on Flickr

Gorgeous. I love these birds. Gentle and beautiful, both!

• Like 1

This one is from yesterday :)  I saw lots of cool birds yesterday, and got pics of much more interesting ones, but I just love this reflection pic of a female Blue Grosbeak :)  It's such a perfect reflection...nothing I did to create it...it was just there to enjoy!

IMG_6111.JPG

• Like 4

Oh, I hate it when I run out of "likes" LOL :)  Cool looking bird and GREAT pic!

Thanks!

Thanks both!! Lots of luck involved  ;).

Wow... and gorgeous:)

Cool...great shot!  I can never get the birds in flight pics...just not quick enough.  Maybe one day...