Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
cany

Share your best photo of the day!

Tomahawkt77    245

I normally post pics of birds but today on my walk back from one of my birding spots this fox just popped out of the woods and stared at me for about a minute. What a beautiful animal.

36702481435_74d0acc982_c.jpgFox by STEFAN TOWNSEND, on Flickr

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Bird Brain    4294
2 hours ago, Tomahawkt77 said:

I normally post pics of birds but today on my walk back from one of my birding spots this fox just popped out of the woods and stared at me for about a minute. What a beautiful animal.

36702481435_74d0acc982_c.jpgFox by STEFAN TOWNSEND, on Flickr

Awesome shot!!

Already processing some shots, today.  It's a miracle LOL :) 

After trying to keep up with hummers, moving a mile a second, it was pretty boring trying to keep up with the eclipse, moving a mm per minute LOL :) Ruby-throated Hummingbird, this morning, prior to the eclipse.

36582084401_fb9acd85b6_c.jpgRTHU08212017 by Michelle Summers, on Flickr

I took many pictures during the 2 hours or so of the solar eclipse, but I don't have time to make a time lapse, or anything like that, so I just picked one LOL :) I don't think my camera ever really focused on the sun, but I like that you can see a few sun spots in this one, which was toward the end of the event.  My neck hurts and I'm sunburned, I'm sure LOL :)

36674649726_ccd777732d_c.jpgEclipse08212017 by Michelle Summers, on Flickr

• Like 14

Shyanni    623

Not exactly today's photos, but I was away for a few days and these two images were the highlight of my trip -- my best from two different days, the Semi-palmated Plover taken on Pachedaht Beach, the River Otters at the Port Renfrew Marina, on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

Semi-Palmated Plover 02.jpg

River Otters 03.jpg

• Like 11

Bird Brain    4294
26 minutes ago, Shyanni said:

Not exactly today's photos, but I was away for a few days and these two images were the highlight of my trip -- my best from two different days, the Semi-palmated Plover taken on Pachedaht Beach, the River Otters at the Port Renfrew Marina, on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

Semi-Palmated Plover 02.jpg

River Otters 03.jpg

Awesome shot of the Plover. I like the Otters, too!! 

• Like 1

David Case    1571

Okay, I know these are not bird shots, but how many total eclipse does one get to see in a lifetime, and this one was practically in my backyard? Well, some sixty miles north of my backyard, but that's what back roads are for, beating eclipse traffic.

These were taken along Ankeny Hill Road, south of Salem, Oregon, a location that was dead center in the path of totality.  I did not have filters for my camera so I could not take any shots before or after totality which means these three at totality were all I got. The rest of the time I just enjoyed the view through my eclipse glasses while visiting with my eclipse viewing neighbors.

10:17:56 - very near peak totality

scB2tNE.jpg

10:18:18 - totality was beginning to wane

7oCMTqn.jpg

10:18:22 - totality was nearly over, the first rays of the sun are beginning to peak through at about 1:00 o'clock

jYPhbau.jpg

• Like 13