Whatbird Community Board
Sign in to follow this  
chrisbartley

Favorites lost after upgrading to version 7.0

Just upgraded my iBird Yard Plus to version 7.0 (build 7.13) and was very disappointed to find that all my favorites are now gone.

Worse, it looks like the app no longer supports saved searches.

Finally, I tapped on the "How to Search" link and it pulls up a "This is somewhat embarrassing, isn't it" page.  Great.

This is an upgrade?  Boo.

Bigfoot    4325

Just upgraded my iBird Yard Plus to version 7.0 (build 7.13) and was very disappointed to find that all my favorites are now gone.

Worse, it looks like the app no longer supports saved searches.

Finally, I tapped on the "How to Search" link and it pulls up a "This is somewhat embarrassing, isn't it" page.  Great.

This is an upgrade?  Boo.

Chris

Please give us a break here, we just launched 4 new Apps and upgrades, it takes a while for all pages to be upgraded/updated, so things may be down for a couple of hours, We JUST DID THE UPGRADES, in the last hour.  It may take a couple of hours for Apple to catch up.

Did you have your backups authorized?

Bigfoot

mkmolloy    0

So is there supposed to be some sort of automatic migration of an iBird v6.x iCloud favorites list into the new iBird v Dropbox file format (.birdlist XML file)?

If not, will there be an import facility in the app or on your website to convert these files? 

Thanks,

m

goofy166    62

So is there supposed to be some sort of automatic migration of an iBird v6.x iCloud favorites list into the new iBird v Dropbox file format (.birdlist XML file)?

If not, will there be an import facility in the app or on your website to convert these files? 

Thanks,

m

We are hard at work on an update to all our new iBird apps that will migrate your favorites and notes to the device (local) or to Dropbox if its enabled. The Save and Load search is coming back, as is Flickr and a themes feature so you can switch the colors to black text on a white background or any other combination. The migration will be ready next week.