Whatbird.com Community

I hope that this topic has not been done......

we all know the moment, you are taking a perfectly good photo, when all of a sudden a unwanted guest appears in your frame, grrr!!

this thread is for people to post their photobombed photos.

i will start things off with a pesky little sandpiper that decided that it was more important then the shoveler and stilt behind it!!!

photobomping.JPG?dl=1&token_hash=AAHQ7M5

Too funny ...This is a great thread!  This is a photo that I was taking of an American Coot when a Pekin Duck decided to swim by:

800x600pxAmericanPekinDuckandAmericanCoo

• Like 2

Not my photo, but probably the most well-known photobomb in ABA birding history.

Wood-rail_YouTube.jpg

• Like 7

Not my photo, but probably the most well-known photobomb in ABA birding history.

Wood-rail_YouTube.jpg

When that video was first released, I watched it over and over again. It was awesome, and Matt Daw must've felt so shocked and happy!

Wood-rail_YouTube.jpg

Can you post the link to the video. And I've never seen that photobomb. What are the two birds and which one is photobombing the other?

Can you post the link to the video. And I've never seen that photobomb. What are the two birds and which one is photobombing the other?

Least Bittern and Rufous-necked Wood-rail. Just search "Rufous-necked Wood-rail " on youtube.... it's pretty simple.... that's what I did....

You haven't?? First ABA record from last year.

Least Bittern and Rufous-necked Wood-rail. Just search "Rufous-necked Wood-rail " on youtube.... it's pretty simple.... that's what I did....

Where's the Least Bittern? It's not in the photo but I do see a bird in front of the Rail.

Where's the Least Bittern? It's not in the photo but I do see a bird in front of the Rail.

The bird in front is the bittern....

The bird in front is the bittern....

I looked at the video and realized that. It just looks so tiny and way too small for a Least Bittern in that photo. In that photo it looks like a songbird!

I looked at the video and realized that. It just looks so tiny and way too small for a Least Bittern in that photo. In that photo it looks like a songbird!

That is the LEast Bittern in front of the rail.

That's why they are called Least. ;)

That's why they are called Least. ;)

The one I saw looked pretty big. And I know what you'll probably say: It must've been an American Bittern. It was not. It was a Least. The way it looked was for sure a Least. If you want I can post photos.

The one I saw looked pretty big. And I know what you'll probably say: It must've been an American Bittern. It was not. It was a Least. The way it looked was for sure a Least. If you want I can post photos.

Sure. PM me.

The Least that I found in FL was tiny.

How far away were you when you viewed it, Isabel? The first ones I saw were at about 70 yards, and I couldn't really tell how small they were. Later that year though, I accidentally flushed one from about ten feet, and boy, they are TINY!!