Whatbird Community Board
Sign in to follow this  
ag1380loop

android 4.4.2 kitkat storage question.

ag1380loop    0

Hello there fellow IBirders, happy holidays to all,

I have a new tracfone which uses kit kat 4.4.2, it has limited space.  Installing Ibird pro doesn't fill it up, but it almost does, so there is a perpetual notice about being on the edge of doom.  The phone has an SDHC card slot, I have a 32 GB card in it, but you can't redirect the SD card as a storage default for apps, all the apps are directed to the internal storage.

When I download Ibird I get a 682 MB file, when I run Ibird for the first time it extracts the database.  Is there a downloaded file which is not needed once the database has been extracted?  I can see the stored files on the phone, both in the internal storage and in the SD Card, so I can delete an unneeded file, if there is one, and perhaps gain some space.

Is there a config file, which can be editied, which refers to the location of the extracted database when the app is launched?

Your app is the only one I really want on my phone, so I can delete other stuff if necessary, but am hoping to get a little room for a couple other apps.

Thank you,

Mark E

Bigfoot    4325

Mark

The Android Operating System is in control here, and no longer allows the Database to be moved to the SD Card.  We the Developers have no control over this.

Bigfoot