Whatbird Community Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dglaporte

New Member Questions

Dglaporte    0

Is there a size limit on uploaded pictures?

Can I install app both on my tablet and Android phone?

A Pin Tailed Why day is not listed. I just took a picture of one.

New Member as of Aug. 13, 2016

Bigfoot    4325

There is a size limit to photos, 2 Mb, but please reduce the size of your photos to about 200 to 250 Kb, plenty big enough for the members to see the photos.  There is limited total space for attachments.

The Pin-tailed Whydah is not a North American bird.  It is known to be in the Sahara Desert and Africa.

This forum is for iPhone Apps but the Android App, iBird Pro can be downloaded to all your Android devices.

Welcome to Whatbird

Bigfoot

Whatbird Moderator

• Like 1

Dglaporte    0

I live in California and a magnificent Pin Tailed Whyduh has taken over our backyard. We have a finch feeder etc. And it is very active. I took a beautiful picture of this guy and want to upload share it. Tho the Pin Tail is from Africa would he not qualify as North American if he lives here.

Thanks

Bigfoot    4325

I live in California and a magnificent Pin Tailed Whyduh has taken over our backyard. We have a finch feeder etc. And it is very active. I took a beautiful picture of this guy and want to upload share it. Tho the Pin Tail is from Africa would he not qualify as North American if he lives here.

Thanks

This bird is an escapee, and will not be included in North American populations until the ABA determines that there is  viable population of birds to sustain themselves.

So for now, the Whyduh is just a Ghost.

BF

Rossbarbie    0

I have two challenges and I need qui dance:

1. I'm having difficulties sharing a list of my sightings. I made a list while out yesterday and entered info quickly using journal. When I made an entry location and time were automatically entered in the record. This is good. However, when I got to share the list using the "share" symbol (iPhone app) I have trouble. I have three choices: lists, simple or detailed. If I choose lists - nothing is listed just a title of the list; if I use simple I get a list BUT ever single sighting TIME has been changed to 12:00...the actual times are not listed; when I choose detailed I get a completed correct list with times correctly posted. I'd like to use lists and simple functions. Please advise.

2. When I use journal on s walk is there a way I can fill in the advance form more quickly describing setting etc. I'd like to fill it once and then use that "setting" multiple times on that trip.

Thanks for your help. I am appreciative of the link between ultimate and journal and find it very useful. These few issues I have to figure out will improve my usage. Thank you.

Bigfoot    4325

The Simple List seems to have a timing problem, it is not there with the other lists.

BF