Whatbird Community Board

NatR    0

When I do a search based on song pattern and select 'flat', it plays an example that sounds like a chipping sparrow, but when I look at the 312 birds resulting as a match from that search, chipping sparrow does not appear as one of them.

NatR    0

Follow-up question. I'm not sure that the example that plays for flat song pattern is the chipping sparrow. Can anyone tell me what bird is used for the example? I heard that exact sound in a park, and I'm trying to identify it.

NatR    0

Actually, I think the sample sound is chipping sparrow. It just doesn't sound like any of the examples for chipping sparrow in the app. Regardless, there still appears to be a bug that chippIng sparrow doesn't show up in the list under flat sound pattern.

Bigfoot    4325

Natr

I'll forward your questions to the person in charge of the Sounds.

Bigfoot

Bigfoot    4325

NatR

Thank you for your report, it turns out that you are correct, the sound is for Chipping Sparrow and we have made some corrections in our database.  Here is the message from the Group leader.

"I checked the sounds and the user is correct, the Chipping Sparrow should show up when a search is done for Song Pattern>Flat.
That has now been corrected in the web editor and should appear the next time the app is updated."

This change cannot be seen until the App is updated, but the database has been corrected.  Thanks again, this reporting helps immensely to make and keep our database as error free and we can.

Bigfoot