Jump to content
Whatbird.com Community

Recommended Posts

I'l go out on a limb here and say I see House Finches and American Goldfinches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, forget it. I didn't see the tag.

Yes, American Goldfinches and House Finches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigOly said:

I'l go out on a limb here and say I see House Finches and American Goldfinches.

I saw this goldfinch traveling with the house finches, like it was a house finch itself. Could goldfinch do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old saying "birds have wings", sure they can do that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

The goldfinch (I only see one) is a Lesser Goldfinch with the extensive black forehead/cap and the yellow undertail coverts.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

The goldfinch (I only see one) is a Lesser Goldfinch with the extensive black forehead/cap and the yellow undertail coverts.

I also agree. Looks more like a Lesser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RyanWin said:

I saw this goldfinch traveling with the house finches, like it was a house finch itself. Could goldfinch do that?

Here's a couple of articles on mixed flocks.  The first is an introductory guide on attracting them.  The second has more scientific content on the make-up and behavior of the flocks.

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/birding/birding-basics/mixed-winter-flocks/

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/like-chasing-tornadoes-the-fun-and-challenge-of-mixed-species-flocks/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Here's a couple of articles on mixed flocks.  The first is an introductory guide on attracting them.  The second has more scientific content on the make-up and behavior of the flocks.

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/birding/birding-basics/mixed-winter-flocks/

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/like-chasing-tornadoes-the-fun-and-challenge-of-mixed-species-flocks/

Ok, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×