Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.

Travel storage for birding/photo equipment

I currently have a Lowepro backpack that barely fits Canon 7D MK II with battery grip, 400mm lens attached, 80mm angled scope, and Bushnell 10x42 binoculars in chestpack (stuffed in the outer section).  Add on other stuff in the bag, and tripod, and the thing is a beast to haul around the airport.  If I have room I have a couple of times thrown the tripod in my other carry-on.  

I’m looking at the Lowepro x200 AW, as a roller carryon, that also has a backpack option to it.  I have another decent size backpack that can handle about a week’s worth of clothes, and be much lighter.  I think I can use this for my normal birding also.  

What does everyone else else use for carrying all your equipment around?  Thanks in advance.  

On 3/11/2018 at 4:28 PM, chipperatl said:

What does everyone else else use for carrying all your equipment around?  

I can't  help because I'm Nikon  man -but i hope links will helpful .

Happy birding .

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, Mike_56 said:

Nikon...Canon....doesn't matter to me:D  Just looking to see what everyone else uses for both birding and photography travel.  Seems like most of the stuff I find is strictly for photography equipment.  No scopes or binoculars.  The Bartley helped, thank you.  I follow him on YouTube, but don't get to his site much.  He recommends the x300 AW, which is not carry-on, but the same style as the x200 AW.