Whatbird Community Board
Platypus

Please Read: New Forums - FAQ

Attaching photos to posts seems to have been a problem for years.  It is still a problem.  Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.  Now I am trying to attach a 39kb image to a post and it does not work.  Is this ever going to be fixed?  Hey, it's 2018!

12 minutes ago, DC064 said:

Attaching photos to posts seems to have been a problem for years.  It is still a problem.  Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.  Now I am trying to attach a 39kb image to a post and it does not work.  Is this ever going to be fixed?  Hey, it's 2018!

No, this is not likely to be fixed.  This is not a photo hosting site and the site owners have decided to allow each person a limited amount of space.  As with the vast majority of the users here you will likely need to post your pictures at a photo sharing site and link to them,

13 minutes ago, jhauser42 said:

..... the site owners have decided to allow each person a limited amount of space.....

How much space and how can it be managed?

3 minutes ago, DC064 said:

I do not have s good answer for either of those questions, but it is highly recommended to use off site photo hosting.

48 minutes ago, DC064 said:

We are only allowed 1.95 MB of attachment space and others have said that they are unable to delete attachments once they have been uploaded.

4 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

others have said that they are unable to delete attachments once they have been uploaded.

Like me and @Melierax:ph34r:

6 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

We are only allowed 1.95 MB of attachment space and others have said that they are unable to delete attachments once they have been uploaded.

Thanks for the information.

If this information is correct including the option to attach an image file is nonsense.  The attach option should be deleted and the forum rules and FAQ modified to state only links are allowed.

• Like 1