'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules:
When posting a new thread, please:
1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting
2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID
3. Include the date of the sighting
4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird
By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules:
1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members
2. You will not spam
3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material
4. You will not advertise or sell products
5. You will not discuss illegal activities
6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum
7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules.
8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality.
Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!!
Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling."
Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer.
If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
Here is a short article with advice for what to do if you find a baby bird or one that appears to be sick or injured. Bird rescue article Please feel free to post here if you have questions or need more help.