Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
Bird Brain

Those "Almost" Good Shots!!

Bird Brain    4295

I'm sure everyone has some of these. Just when you're sure you're going to get that really good shot...lighting is right, distance is perfect, focus is great, subject is cooperative, etc..... SOMETHING seems to happen!!! Usually, no explaination is needed as the photo tells it all.

7019159969_efa23225cf.jpg

Nuttall's...Flicker...Mourning Dove..03-26-2018 by Birdbrain14, on Flickr

• Like 4

cabirds    209

Without knowing where to look, I'd never have spotted the edit - and I'm horribly particular about such things.

meghann    1944

Without knowing where to look, I'd never have spotted the edit - and I'm horribly particular about such things.

I can see it sticking out like a sore thumb, but that's probably because I'm the one that did it. I'm a super perfectionist with my editing work. (One reason my friends love using me, but I drive myself batty doing it.)

Jenny81    122

And my second attempt. Who can adjust the camera settings in the 0.0001 seconds the Kinglet sits in one place!?3yYy4.jpg

• Like 4

_Kim_    776

And my second attempt. Who can adjust the camera settings in the 0.0001 seconds the Kinglet sits in one place!?

At least you were able to get a couple pictures. I would have been happy with a blur when we saw this for the first time last week. :)

I was looking at an osprey nest when this Great Blue Heron flew overhead and landed in a nearby tree. I got a couple of good shots when it decided to take off. Unfortunately, he was faster than I was :(

bforgy    0

Oh my goodness... this has to be my NEW favorite topic!!! Thanks so much for sharing your "almost good shots"!

Here's my almost good shot... I believe it's a blue heron, I do know it was landing!

BlueHeronSmall