Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
    • Aveschapines

Found a baby bird or a sick or injured bird?   07/11/17

Here is a short article with advice for what to do if you find a baby bird or one that appears to be sick or injured. Bird rescue article Please feel free to post here if you have questions or need more help.
Bigfoot

Posting Problems?, Please Report them here.

I got another driver error and it usually when clicking on a new topic or changing forums but when I reftesh it goes away maybe 3 times today last one just a couple minutes ago

This morning as soon as I went on to the site I got one and then I refreshed and got another one. Then I got a couple others and even got one on the way to this page. Also, sometimes when I'm about to post it does that green loading bar for a while, and then it disappears and says Saving post to the bottom right. And then it just doesn't post so I have to refresh. But my internet is also slow so that could mean something.

• Like 1

Getting it in spades right now. First maybe 5 or 10 minutes ago, while trying to click to a forum thread from an email notification. Then again, ironically, when trying to click to this thread from an email notification.

In the first case, refreshing the page worked. In the second case, 3 tries at refreshing resulted in the error message. Going back to the email notification and clicking the link again then worked to get me to the previous page of this thread, but when I finished that page and clicked "next" I got the database error again! This time refreshing did the trick, though.

Also, sometimes when I'm about to post it does that green loading bar for a while, and then it disappears and says Saving post to the bottom right. And then it just doesn't post so I have to refresh. But my internet is also slow so that could mean something.

That happens to me fairly regularly, but it did happen to me yesterday too. What I do is copy the message, refresh the page, hit post again, and paste the message in; saves my having to retype the whole message.

And if I hit "follow" to follow the comment thread, sometimes that green bar with the dots goes on interminably, till I just give up.

For what it is worth I have been getting the data base error message for sometime now. Thought it was my computer until coming here today. Glad to find it isn't just me experiencing the problem. Any idea when the problem will be fixed?

Just got a data base error a couple of minutes ago.  For me they are not frequent though.  Running PC with Windows 7 and IE 10.

I'm getting DB errors too, the problem is not fixed, but we are looking into this.

BF

Just got one this morning. And four while trying to post this.

www.whatbird.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

← Return to the index

I'm getting the database error a lot the past couple of days; a while ago I tried to post this message and got it then (and the post didn't go through).  Before I was generally getting the error when I clicked on a new forum or topic.

Hi Sam, as a new member, your first few posts need approval from a moderator (so we know you're not a spammer). Your posts are all now approved and you should be able to post freely. :)

• Like 1

I haven't been on that much today, but I've gotten the database error several times, including once when I tried to access my gallery.

EDIT I just got it three times in less than 10 minutes. Definitely seems to be getting worse.  I'm going to do something else now.

I am getting driver and data base errors more and more each day. I must have got about 75 just browsing the forums today. And I am having trouble posting this now because of errors.

99% of the time I do anything on the forum I'm getting the errors.

Also, something seems messed up with the bold/italic/underline/crossed out fonts. Just mess around with them some, and it can be very annoying. They change randomly while your typing, etc.

We'll see if this posts this time. Data base errors all morning. Couldn't get into WB at all for at least an hour and posting is near impossible. (Fingers crossed.)

I'm getting so many, and at one point I couldn't even access Whatbird. I've already tried to post this and it didn't work.

I'm getting so many, and at one point I couldn't even access Whatbird. I've already tried to post this and it didn't work.

Yes, the site is essentially unusable at this point. (2nd try to post)