Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.

In our home we have 3 canine family members and 2 feline family members :) Our dogs Odin Jara and Chyna are Bernese Mountain Dogs while Bailey is a Shi-tzu/Maltese mix.

The cats are Loki and Catso-Fatso.

Catso -Fatso:

BWerf.jpg

Here's a picture of Odin Jara who will be nine this February

fKMU3.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, new picture time. I believe 'he' is actually a she (for sure) :P   Both the vet and the person I got her from thought she was male so I went with it. I'd rather she be a he, male budgies tend to be nicer over all. She's got moods! But I love her. When she's out of her cage, she's nice and social. Inside and not wanting to come out, she'll defend the woman-cave with all her angry dolphin noises.

Jasper's almost a year old. She's a pretty fluffy girl.

8992799467_f06c76e7ab_z.jpg
Jasper by notrufus, on Flickr
  • Like 4

We have two cats and a dog.

Vader-a complete and utter turd. I often tell people this cat is a lesson in unconditional love. Not the brightest lightbulb in the box, and he pees on stuff when he is mad, but he does kill the giant roaches that get into the house. He's an indoor cat, but tries to escape every day. He is also allergic to fleas so bad, any time he gets them, he gets huge gaping sores, some of which have scarred so he has patches of fur missing. We've been successful at keeping him flea free for a few years now.

3196936395_283d957f51_z.jpg?zz=1
vader by midgetinvasion, on Flickr

Raven-a complete and utter sweetheart. We are pretty sure she is actually brain damaged, as she can't even use a litter box right, but she is the nicest cat I've ever known. She has an autoimmune disease, and had to have all of her teeth removed as a result. She's an indoor cat, too, but doesn't try to escape.

5334329136_cb6ea675bb_z.jpg

Last but not least, Chip, a.k.a the best dog in the world. Seriously. My dad has threatened to kidnap her on multiple occasions. 
3709969529_3b768edf76_z.jpg?zz=1
chip2 by midgetinvasion, on Flickr

• Like 4

Here's my baby!  He is an almost 2 year old French Bulldog, named Ralphie!

8952442684_dac283d103_b.jpg

7410953370_3d59cd735c_b.jpg

And, he likes fishing !!!!!!  Or is it sleeping LOL!

7281896470_c78e199fbc_b.jpg

• Like 3

^ My aunt would totally try to take him from you. She LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES bull dogs. She currently has a Boston Terrier who's a sweetie, but I know her eye is on a more 'bull-dogy' type later on down the line.

My heart dog, Rumor. She's a Bouvier Des Flandres:

16251_1250528216544_7318405_n.jpg

This was my girl, Cameo. She passed away last year at 10 years old. She was a Cane Corso:

39184_1499041389218_3047308_n.jpg

And this is one of our cats, Nemo.

64468_10200154773125279_355093577_n.jpg

And our three Guinea Pigs: Ross (white), McSqueaks (black), and Pablo (brown)

856735_10200174053927287_150735164_o.jpg

406240_10200174053847285_680709676_n.jpg

1882_10200174054247295_1509761856_n.jpg

• Like 2

^ My aunt would totally try to take him from you. She LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES bull dogs. She currently has a Boston Terrier who's a sweetie, but I know her eye is on a more 'bull-dogy' type later on down the line.

Folkeye, this is my first bulldog, and I would definately get another at any time.  I almost got the Boston Terrier, but decided the temperment of a bulldog vs. a terrier would be better for us as fishermen and campers etc.  Although I've seen alot of Boston's that have a great temperment.  I think they are just a bit more hyper than a bulldog.

My Boxer, Kona....aka Bean. The Boxer is the breed that totally

captures my heart. Kona is my third Boxer. He thinks he's human.

He is a bed hog and a couch hog.  :D

gRvEauk.jpgP2qljXB.jpg

My Pug, Buckwheat....Most stubborn little dog in the world! LOL

L8szkim.jpg

Buckwheat and Kona watching birds.....

u9AbqzG.jpg

...and recently deceased, Ruger.  :(

As you can see, his nose was removed due to a cancerous tumor. He did just fine without it and beat that cancer, only to get an unrelated cancer two years after he beat the first one.

We had to say goodbye a few weeks ago. Seriously, one of the nicest dogs ever. Such a good boy he was....

chrCKBF.jpg

• Like 3

Here's my baby!  He is an almost 2 year old French Bulldog, named Ralphie!

My Aunt raises Frenchies. They are neat little dogs!

My Boxer, Kona....aka Bean. The Boxer is the breed that totally

captures my heart. Kona is my third Boxer. He thinks he's human.

He is a bed hog and a couch hog.  :D

gRvEauk.jpgP2qljXB.jpg

L8szkim.jpg

Buckwheat and Kona watching birds.....

u9AbqzG.jpg

...and recently deceased, Ruger.  :(

As you can see, his nose was removed due to a cancerous tumor. He did just fine without it and beat that cancer, only to get an unrelated cancer two years after he beat the first one.

We had to say goodbye a few weeks ago. Seriously, one of the nicest dogs ever. Such a good boy he was....

chrCKBF.jpg

I love boxers.  I had a pound refugee once that was a boxer pitbull cross.  Just a beautiful dog and very obedient and smart, except for when it came to cats.  He very much did not like them and it was a big issue.  He's in doggy heaven now.

The pug is darling and sorry about Ruger.  What a sweetie!  

My Aunt raises Frenchies. They are neat little dogs!

Yes, they are.  I really am glad I decided to go with the Frenchie.  He has changed my life!

L8szkim.jpg

I'd be a little on the stubborn side if I had to wear wings too.   :lol:

I'd be a little on the stubborn side if I had to wear wings too.   :lol:

He only had to wear it once! LOL

He's stubborn about everything!

Misty is a gorgeous cat.  Calico?

Thanks, Jo-Anne. Yep, she's a Calico.

When my youngest son was 18 and had been out of high school for almost a year, he decided he was grown enough to move out

on his own. He and a friend of his rented a small apt.(both were working at a Pizza Hut at the time). Friend moved his girlfriend

in and things went great for a while....a month or two. Then friend and girlfriend had a fight. Friend moves out...girlfriend

stays, not paying rent. In the meantime my son had gotten a kitten that was 5 weeks old. My son couldn't make it on his meager

paycheck so he moves back in with me. A few months later my son moves out again, leaving Cat with me. That was in 1995 in

Georgia. Needless to say, Cat (now named Misty....he had originally named her Boo-Yah!!) is still with me, 18 yrs later.

That's OK, though. I've kinda got attached to the old girl! :)

• Like 3

Sad news......

My cat, Misty, died this morning. She was 18-1/2 years old.

She went quickly...looked like she had a heart attack, maybe. She had just been rubbing up against me and I was petting her, then

she started walking away and appeared to have a seizure, falling over on her side. I jumped up and grabbed her, but she died quickly

in my arms.

At least she didn't linger and suffer.

Rest in Peace, Misty.

9786477915_ee5a582a44.jpg
1-Misty...Hummers..Oraville, Colusa 6-18-2013 006 by littlebear_elder, on Flickr

Misty was an absolute beauty. So sorry to hear about her :( Them furry, scaly, feathery critters can sure tug heart strings like no other.

Thank you, stitch and folkeye. It has been a sad day for me. Misty has been with me since she was 6 weeks old. I brought her

to Calif. when I moved out here from Ga. in Dec '03. She was a member of the family....

Pets can be an incredible addition to our lives, almost like having kids in a way. It's wonderful how much time you two had together and hope you have some fun memories that'll bring you a smile sooner than later :)

Thanks again, folkeye. My heart has been very heavy since yesterday morning. It will take some time before it quits hurting every time I

think of her. I still expect her to jump up on my bed at night and give me cat kisses and love nibbles at 3:00 AM!! And expect her to be

waiting just inside the door when I get home. Or unexpectedly get up from being stretched out on the floor napping and come over to

me and rub against my leg and look up at me with her bright eyes, not wanting anything from me except a rub on her head, a soft word,

and a return look of affection.

But I can definitely remember the good times we had...chasing June Bugs together down in Ga., her bringing a mouse in that she had

caught, dropping it at my feet and looking up at me proudly as if to say, "look what I brought you!!" It will just take some time.......

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. They mean a lot to me.

• Like 1