Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.

So, all these dog photos got me really wanting another dog. (The house seems empty without one... even with five wild kids running around!)

So I took my 2nd and 3rd daughters today to Decatur Animal Services, and adopted a 14 week old German Shepherd puppy (though I think with her face and ear set that she may be part Border Collie also. The shelter workers called her Zena, and my daughter didn't want us to change her name... so here she is!

1535517_263263163829248_1153164328_n.jpg

Lucky Zena! I know she'll have a good home. :)

• Like 1

Just saw this thread.  I love taking pics of my babies too :)

This is my 5 month old puppy, Buddy...

12082013-32-2.jpg

This is Kitty, who's the most patient kitty in the world and is always trying to give Buddy a bath...

BuddyKitty.JPG

And these are my chickens and guineas, who are kind of pets, though they do serve a purpose other than companionship. Buddy always has to drink a little of their water and eat a little of their food LOL :)

ChickensGuineas.JPG

• Like 3

So, all these dog photos got me really wanting another dog. (The house seems empty without one... even with five wild kids running around!)

So I took my 2nd and 3rd daughters today to Decatur Animal Services, and adopted a 14 week old German Shepherd puppy (though I think with her face and ear set that she may be part Border Collie also. The shelter workers called her Zena, and my daughter didn't want us to change her name... so here she is!

Congrats Amber!  What a great gift to Zena and your family! She's beautiful!

1535517_263263163829248_1153164328_n.jpg

Aaawww, she looks so sweet!  It's funny you went to the Decatur Animal Shelter, because that's where I got Buddy, only in Texas :)  I might go adopt another one for Christmas, now that Buddy has all his shots, is neutered and is doing well.  He needs someone to snuggle with :)  Let us know how Zena is doing. 

I'm right there with ya Amber.... My Benny has been gone a little more than 2 years and I still can't bring myself to get another.

17 1/2 years he was my shadow.  Sure miss him still.....

[/url] http://11451838764_2e8581f652_o.jpgBBD by RaptorGurl, on Flickr

My Benny Biker Dog :)

That is a GREAT picture!!  Aaawww, there are so many animals out there that need all the love you gave Benny, and would be so grateful for a home and a human to take care of them.  Go get one today :)

• Like 3

Aaawww, she looks so sweet!  It's funny you went to the Decatur Animal Shelter, because that's where I got Buddy, only in Texas :)  I might go adopt another one for Christmas, now that Buddy has all his shots, is neutered and is doing well.  He needs someone to snuggle with :)  Let us know how Zena is doing. 

Zena is such a fantastic puppy! We just love her to pieces. Playful but gentle with the kids (except right out of the crate this morning.. haha)... isn't super nippy, and just so smart! My last dog was a Bouvier and I fell in love with her temperament, so I'm glad my daughters picked another herding breed. I might be getting partial, but they really can't be beat!

• Like 3

That is a GREAT picture!!  Aaawww, there are so many animals out there that need all the love you gave Benny, and would be so grateful for a home and a human to take care of them.  Go get one today :)

M&M..... have you ever considered selling ice to Alaskans? 

• Like 2

M&M..... have you ever considered selling ice to Alaskans? 

Ha ha ha ha...no, but I've been told I could before :)  Funny, I never thought I'd be any good at sales, but I know if I really believe in something, I could :)  Be sure to share pics when you get your new best buddy :)

• Like 1

My pets:

Tom, the silly Bobby Wobby(his nicknames) :D

post-76701-0-24526700-1389549370_thumb.jpg

Mary, the sweetest, fattest cat, who sleeps on by bed every night with me  :wub:

post-76701-0-88088800-1389549390_thumb.jpg

Fancy, the crabby, cranky, fat pony, who can sometimes be a really nice pony ( I picked this pic because you can't see me very well :P )

post-76701-0-34580300-1389549430_thumb.jpg

Both of the cats were rescued, they used to be feral. You would never be able to tell now!

• Like 5

Fancy, the crabby, cranky, fat pony, who can sometimes be a really nice pony ( I picked this pic because you can't see me very well :P )

attachicon.gifDSCN7976.jpg

I would've done the same. :)

• Like 2

Our dog doesn't really like other dogs, so a new puppy is out for us. The kids keep asking for rodents of some sort or birds, but we've tried that before with cats, and it just doesn't work out well. The kids and I wouldn't mind a third cat, but my husband would probably disown us all if we tried to bring another into the house, so to appease us for now, meet Poseidon, lol.

11912687966_ff9198027b_z.jpg
  • Like 2

Our family just grew by one...meet Oscar :)  This is what I get for stopping by Petsmart on the way home from the dog park with Buddy.  They were having an adoption fair :)

Oscar3.jpg

Oscar4.jpg

Oscar5.jpg

• Like 10

Our family just grew by one...meet Oscar :)  This is what I get for stopping by Petsmart on the way home from the dog park with Buddy.  They were having an adoption fair :)

Oscar3.jpg

Oscar4.jpg

Oscar5.jpg

Lucky dog!!  :)

• Like 1

He is SO cute!  Congrats on the addition!

• Like 1

Have had all kinds of pets in my life, this one has proven to be the best......Chloe, the French Bulldog, 8 years young. post-77107-0-98902800-1391663896_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Everyone has adorable pets! This is a really cute thread.

Here are mine.

This is Eppie, she's a 5yo Pomeranian x Chihuahua hybrid and the cutest, sweetest dog you'll ever meet.

C7O59XSl.jpg

V1jzTiel.jpg

And this is Merrill, he's a 2yo Blue Heeler. He's extremely silly and always full of energy.

w5buQKPl.jpg

jEoMo7pl.jpg

I also have a lot of chickens, but they aren't exactly "pets". Perhaps I'll post some pics of them later.

• Like 5

kiwi, snowflake, and blue

birdies.jpg

roxie, an african meyer's parrot

roxie3.jpg

buddy, the laziest dog in the world

Now, those are some appropriate pets for this forum :)  Beautiful birds!  One of my dogs names is Buddy too :)  Lazy dogs are good...they don't get into things as much :)

did get my Murray McMurray catalog in the mail the other day. don't have pets or chickens or whatever anymore other than a backyard full of wild birds many not so wild. still enjoy looking at the catalog of all the different breeds of chickens and ducks and geese and turkeys ect. and thinking back on how many and which ones I raised and traded and loved over the years.

• Like 1

absolutely!  I agree she has Border Collie from what I can see!  Congrats on the new family member:)  

• Like 1