Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
Liam

Whatbird's Young Birders!

Kadynn_H    1169

ABA yearlist competition week 36.

• 1.Maxkewl- 430
  • 2.Kadynn- 422
  • 3.Greenmagpie- 403
  • 4.Jack- 399
  • 5. Saw-whet09 369
  • 6.Isabel-  363
  • 7. DavidT- 322
  • 8. Paramo-  315
  • 9.Colorado Birder- 308
  • 10.Colorado Owl- 305
  • 11.Crazed- 297
  • 12. Fancy- 288
  • 13.Pumaman- 277
  • 14.PaintedBunting- 273
  • 15. Matth- 271
  • 16.IBH-  257
  • 17.Egos- 244
  • 18. Mel- 229
  • 19. SEOW- 210
  • 20.Ruby- 206
  • 21.Con- 203
  • 22.SC-  131
  • 23.AlexB- 127
  • 24.Spirit of BC- 121

• Like 1

The Traveler    3116

Well, there was a possible Sharp Tailed Sandpiper seen in Ontario on September third, and it just got reported.

Here's the list, what do y'all think?

https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38986764

Saw that, wish he'd reported it that day cuz then I prolly would've gone for it with a friend i went birding with  on Tuesday instead of doing some mediochre birding nearby lol.

Anyway, haven't been on here in awhile! Moved in Guelph residence for university last Friday, and just had my first class finish 30 minutes ago. 

• Like 4

egosnell2002    628

Saw that, wish he'd reported it that day cuz then I prolly would've gone for it with a friend i went birding with  on Tuesday instead of doing some mediochre birding nearby lol.

Anyway, haven't been on here in awhile! Moved in Guelph residence for university last Friday, and just had my first class finish 30 minutes ago. 

Cool! I am thinking about going to Guelph too!

Me and my friends have been talking, and we've decided it's a pectoral, although we're not experts on SHAS (that's a weird code)

Paramo_Pipit    27

Today in BC:

-WWDO (2nd county record, 1st chaseable, real good bird for Canada)

-Curlew Sandpiper

-2-3 Red-headed Woodpeckers

-Bluetail/bluethroat/Muscicapid sp. (havent seen the pics yet)

• Like 1

egosnell2002    628

I did a county big day on the weekend with a friend, beating the (nonexisting) record. We managed to get 79 species, pretty good for one of the worst counties in Ontario. Lists:

Not bad.. I would have gotten 8 lifers on your big day.

• Like 1

The Traveler    3116

Kinda fun idea conceived on the yb discord

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHjTTFXxBZhFaBmZUoegHJrduL1dMpASqgzZP-a9RGc/edit?usp=sharing

YBS don't wear white

Hehe, perks of having your license. ;)B)

I I totally get that though. The number of rarities I've missed because I didn't have my license is too many. I regret not asking friends to carpool sooner, as I've no birder has ever said no if I've asked. 

• Like 1

Paramo_Pipit    27

Here's a few pics of mine from the last few weeks. I haven't taken the time to edit them practically at all. Also, congrats to all in the LA area that've chased the LOWA. 

CeLceB3.jpg

dzb85zw.jpg

1WVCd5y.jpg

wjoC8YH.jpg

^2nd county record

05EN6Vd.jpg

• Like 6

Melierax    2700

A few more weeks and that won't be an issue for me! I've missed so many birds that way

Lucky me, there are only like two rarities in my area every month and they're all boring :P

JimBob    10204

Got to see the Louisiana Waterthrush Samuel Bressler found yesterday. Pretty sweet bird, and so far it hasn't been seen again.

37083329796_d6344b1407_c.jpg

Also had a Townsend's x Hermit Warbler hybrid, the first I've photographed.

36458599154_0984012aec_c.jpg

• Like 8