Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
Liam

Whatbird's Young Birders!

Unrelated to this competition y'all are talking about.... :P

But from January 25-27 I'm going to be joining the Delaware Ornithological Society for a trip to New York. Montauk Point, to be exact, out on Long Island. I'm expecting 20+ lifers so hopefully the weather holds long enough to go!! I can't wait, it's going to be one awesome trip. :D

• Like 1

On the 26-27 (possibly the 25) I'm going to the Salton Sea with my Audubon Chapter. And then in April (can't remember the dates) I'm going to the Western Sierras with the same group, to see Greater Sage-Grouse at their lek, plus we'll see (most likely) American Dippers, and some other birds I'm forgetting.

I'm going to find the info thing on that, so that I can list the other birds they said we could see.

Sometime towards the end of May our family is going to the Portland and Casco bay area, Maine for several days. I hope to get my shorebird list (2 species :mellow:) and gull list (Ring-billed Gull :rolleyes:) improved a LOT.

Sometime towards the end of May our family is going to the Portland and Casco bay area, Maine for several days. I hope to get my shorebird list (2 species :mellow:) and gull list (Ring-billed Gull :rolleyes:) improved a LOT.

I know how you feel! I used to have a shorebird list of 2 as well. Now it's almost 30.

I have 26 Plovers/Sandpipers, but only 14 Gulls/terns.

I have 24 warblers, not including Yellow-breasted Chat.

I have 25 Warblers not including Yellow-breasted Chat. No terns though.

Does anyone have a favorite patch that they bird at? I almost always bird on private property close to our house, I have seen 143 species there. Not bad when eBird shows that 263 species have ever been seen in my county.

I have 25 Warblers not including Yellow-breasted Chat. No terns though.

Does anyone have a favorite patch that they bird at? I almost always bird on private property close to our house, I have seen 143 species there. Not bad when eBird shows that 263 species have ever been seen in my county.

Does that count as your yard? Pretty nice yardlist if so!

One of my favorite areas to bird is at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park, I have a total of 149 species spotted there.

I bird a TON in my neighborhood, 156 species ain't bad i reckon! B) I also bird a local nature preserve every two weeks or so. 97 species there.

http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?step=saveChoices&getLocations=hotspots&parentState=US-GA&bMonth=01&bYear=1900&eMonth=12&eYear=2013&reportType=location&hotspots=L807040&continue.x=55&continue.y=8 <<yard.

26 shorebirds, so pretty good. 16 Gulls/terns. And 20 warblers. Not including the chat.

My favorite birding area here, is not decided. In STL, it was no doubt Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. One of the best places in MO to bird.

@ Liam, it would be an awesome yard list! It is within sight of the yard, though. We know the person that owns the land and so we go in "the woods" all the time, with the exception of hunting season.

YES! Finally, someone to talk about it with. Currently, I'm lost in a cave, with some diamond and gold. If I can get out, I'm happy. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well......I won't recognize Liam instantly for a while. Gone is the wierd looking cartoon thing.......