Whatbird Community Board
  • Announcements

• Bigfoot

Whatbird Forums Rules   01/08/17

'Help Me Identify a Bird' rules: When posting a new thread, please: 1. Read the FAQ and forum rules before posting 2. Include the location in your Post when seeking ID 3. Include the date of the sighting 4. Provide a photo or detailed description of the bird Forum rules: By posting in the WhatBird forums you agree to the following board rules: 1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow members 2. You will not spam 3. You will not post sexually explicit, vulgar or racist material 4. You will not advertise or sell products 5. You will not discuss illegal activities 6. You will keep topics of religion and politics to a bare minimum 7. You will not take advantage of chat to break any of the above rules. 8. Members will not discuss homosexuality nor make any comments about others' sexuality. Breaking any of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forums!! Furthermore, anyone who causes continuous dissent and disarray in the forums will be banned as seen fit by the forum moderators under the pretense of "trolling." Gallery photos: Regarding photos in the Whatbird gallery, please keep in mind that the copyright belongs to the person who took the photo. So please do not use any of the Gallery photos without requesting permission from the photographer. Forum Photos: If you use photos other than your own, please place a link to the referenced photo and do not post other photographer's work directly.
Liam

Whatbird's Young Birders!

Liam, have you messed around with TNT on minecraft? It's awesome. . . dig a hole. fill it with TNT. Light with flint and steel! :D

BTW, Camp CO is looking very likely, if my parents allow it. The guy said he wants to give me the scholarship. :D :D

Nah, I only have the demo. :P

Hope you get to go to Camp CO! I can't go for a number of reasons.

Oh yeah, and yearlists so far:

1. JimBob - 119

2. Liam - 83

3. Greathorn - 66

4. Jdeitsch - 65

Anyone else is welcome to join the "competition", and I promise we won't patronize you if you have less than 50! :P

Oh yeah, and yearlists so far:

1. JimBob - 119

2. Liam - 83

3. Jdeitsch - 65

4. Greathorn - 52

Anyone else is welcome to join the "competition", and I promise we won't patronize you if you have less than 50! :P

Check my sig, bro

• Like 1

Well, my Salton Sea trip is this weekend, so my list will sky rocket.

I'm going birding tommorow in 20 degree weather with a freezing drizzle! B)

I'm going in probably like 80 degrees, and will be sweating a bunch. OH WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO WINTER!!!!!! :(

It went to the East coast. We got a dusting of snow last night, more is supposed to come tommorrow, and the temperature was really low all week. This morning it was 14 degrees F, brrrr!

I may be going to Alaska in the Summer. :mellow:

OMG really? If you are that's awesome. . . but you're probably pulling our legs.

I'd love some nice brisk winter weather right now. . . oh man, this is just getting worse.

Don't think about snow jimmy, don't think about it.

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT! :mellow:

• Like 1

I'm going in probably like 80 degrees, and will be sweating a bunch. OH WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO WINTER!!!!!! :(

Sounds like here, we hit 86F last week.

OMG really? If you are that's awesome. . . but you're probably pulling our legs.

Well, it's possible. My uncle lives up there and invited me for the Summer. Whether or not I actually go is a different story. :P

If u go to Alaska I will never be able to catch your life bird count Liam, oh and yesterday it was 8 degrees no complaining ;)

Who knows, maybe I'd pass JimBob again. :P

You're getting close to me, though! Just 21 birds short!

Weather here's around 65F with lows in the late 20s-30s, but is forecasted to warm up to around 80F again.

Also, I just updated my blog, y'all! Check it out: http://ospr3y.blogsp...ick-review.html

Yes we could jdeitsch, and you will win. ;)

The scholarship I can accept for Camp CO, is an all-expense one so I wouldn't need to save up at all! Might wait till next year though, not sure. If I had to fly on a plane, by myself, I will wait some. Not going to do that. BUT, if we drive (probable) I would take it. Once my dad gets home from his work trip, we'll decide.

Can we do a year/yard list too? Something I'm good at! :D

Wouldn't two competitions be hard to keep track of?

Plus, I'm urging you to get out of Cardinal Lake more. :P

Tell you what, if you want to add your yardlist for the year, go ahead and I'll try to keep up with it. But don't be mad if I fall behind. :rolleyes:

Yes we could jdeitsch, and you will win. ;)

The scholarship I can accept for Camp CO, is an all-expense one so I wouldn't need to save up at all! Might wait till next year though, not sure. If I had to fly on a plane, by myself, I will wait some. Not going to do that. BUT, if we drive (probable) I would take it. Once my dad gets home from his work trip, we'll decide.

Aw, but flying's so fun!

I do love roadtrips, though.

Please tell us what your dad says! :)

Wouldn't two competitions be hard to keep track of?

Plus, I'm urging you to get out of Cardinal Lake more. :P

Tell you what, if you want to add your yardlist for the year, go ahead and I'll try to keep up with it. But don't be mad if I fall behind. :rolleyes:

I would keep track if people sent me a pm every sunday with their yard lists. :) As for the Cardinal Lake bit...............It's not exactly not getting out of it (cardinal lake), it's getting out of my county. And I don't have any form of personal transportation :mellow:

And number don't lie-----!----156 species----AWPelicans, Pergrines, loons, ducks and Golden-winged Warblers B) (boo---yah!)

That's your neighborhood, not your actual yard. Let play fair, I don't have a neighborhood. ;)

That's your neighborhood, not your actual yard. Let play fair, I don't have a neighborhood. ;)

Whatever,, then make that about 145 or so! ;)

How much do you reckon it would be without the pond as well?

:mellow: :mellow: uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't leave my yard to view the lake it so it would count in the competition but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,probably like 100 or so,