Whatbird.com Community
canon eos

Eye contact............

These guys were all watching what I was up to. Note the plastic wheel among their nesting material; it's always neat to see what they have scrounged!

PnJlbZJ.jpg

• Like 16

I like how they're all looking in different directions. The adult doesn't look too pleased with you. Excellent shot!

Benjamin's cool flight shot of the Osprey above reminded me of a similar shot I got of an eagle. I almost fell over backwards when it flew overhead while hand holding my 500. This shot is almost full frame, that's how close it came!

p1405211366-4.jpg

Couple of Great Horned Owlets making eye contact with me.

p1375969924-4.jpg

• Like 24

Benjamin's cool flight shot of the Osprey above reminded me of a similar shot I got of an eagle. I almost fell over backwards when it flew overhead while hand holding my 500. This shot is almost full frame, that's how close it came!

I think mine was at 500mm and that was all I could get in the picture. I wish mine came out as good as your eagle. I went from shooting the osprey circling me with sun on its back and white spots then suddenly it took this pass and my camera couldn't handle the change luminosity (aka. my settings weren't set up to be flexible enough). Anyway, awesome shots!

p1405211366-4.jpg

Thats a L/D 14 Eagle for sure .Great capture.

Thats a L/D 14 Eagle for sure .Great capture.

What does that mean? Just curious.

Yes it is jtee....Lock and Dam #14 is in Iowa along the Mississippi River. A fantastic place to photograph eagles in the winter which is where I took this shot.

• Like 1

What does that mean? Just curious.

LOL guess for someone who dosent know what that meant that would have looked weird for sure. This year its not very active at the Lock , there are plenty of Shad in the river and I mean plenty and with all the open water the birds have no need to come in to the area (the Lock and Dam 14 area) in large numbers ,there are plenty of Eagles everywhere just not concentrated in that area . I havent even gone there once and its only an hour and half away plus the crowds are insane way too many people for me these days which could be another reason for the lack of Eagles there . Here is on my better images from last year .

8affb86a.jpg

• Like 7

Burrowing Owls are awesome .......

31bbf3e6.jpg

Are the yellow flower buds reflecting in the eyes or are the eyes just yellow?

Awesome shot anyway!!

• Like 1

Are the yellow flower buds reflecting in the eyes or are the eyes just yellow?

Awesome shot anyway!!

No thats the way its eyes are my thinking is it is a sub adult bird with the eyes not quite fully yellow yet.

Here is Mama and her baby, although out of focus you can see the difference.

1f397039.jpg

• Like 4

This has to be my favorite photos that I have ever taken:

Looking_at_you.jpg

He was on the ground beside a Busy Highway feasting on a roadkilled animal. I was able to slowly get within 20 feet of him to sit and take photos for about 45 minutes. :)

Dick

• Like 6