Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The-Kellys

More than one version on an iPad at the same time

6 posts in this topic

Hello and greetings from the UK. I am running version 6.1 of the Pro UK app and would like to install the North American version. It occurs to me that a database crash could occur, so I thought I had better ask before buying. So can these two program's reside at the same time on an iPad (latest version)

Regards The-Kellys

Kellys

Welcome to Whatbird and a Good Question.

Usually, depending on your location, you may not be able to download the incorrect version, as the USA version does not show using a UK computer ID.

I do not know where you reside, and that information may be important.

Please open a ticket at

http://ibird.com/contact-us/

There is no reason to reveal your details here, I'll help you on the other side.

Bigfoot

Hello,

I followed the process for creating a ticket. I suspect it has failed because it keeps insisting I include my email address ( I have tried two but still get the message) and, having pressed the send button the form does not clear and I do not get a ticket number.

Can you confirm that you did or did not get the ticket request?

Regards....

Update,

I thought what you said to be at variance with what I could see...both on my iPad and PCM I could see the American version of the program as well as the UK version.

I decided to go ahead and buy the American version. It has downloaded (very slowly) and installed. It runs well on the iPad 4 and even runs at the same time as the UK version. There does not yet seem to be any conflict. I di take the precaution of creating a unique favourites folder though and I deleted the original.

It all seems to work fine...so far anyway.

Regards, The-Kellys !

Update,

I thought what you said to be at variance with what I could see...both on my iPad and PCM I could see the American version of the program as well as the UK version.

I decided to go ahead and buy the American version. It has downloaded (very slowly) and installed. It runs well on the iPad 4 and even runs at the same time as the UK version. There does not yet seem to be any conflict. I di take the precaution of creating a unique favourites folder though and I deleted the original.

Regards, The-Kellys !

Kelly...

I'm a Birder Too, And I have just returned from an EPIC birding trip.

For tomorrow... I will be able to address your questions, but now .... I'm about Zonkkked.

Tomorrow is another day... 

Bigfoot

Update,

Regards, The-Kellys !

Kellys

I guess I did not understand your statement here, Glad all seems to be working for now.

Bigfoot