Whatbird Community Board
domhall

FIXED: favorites and notes repeatedly disappear

millerju    0

Hi Alice, thanks for this. Do you know if there's any way to recover the notes without an iphone - to see them in the computer or as a text file?

thanks!

You can restore them from iTunes or iCloud backup. or directly recover from iPhone. It depends on you. If you have backup file, then it's your first choice. If not, then you need to recover deleted files from your device.

chanleen    0

If you do not have any backups, you can try to use some third-party recovery tools, such as Tenorshare Mac iPhone Data Recovery, which can directly scan your phone and help get your lost data back. What’s more, no matter you use Windows or Mac, you can download the free trial version and have a try by yourself.

Bigfoot    4325
chanleen

You may use any other back up system as you please, as for the iBird Apps, we use Dropbox for now.  This will change on April 1 2016 where we change back to iCloud as the Back up system.

Bigfoot

Magic_Randy    4

chanleen

You may use any other back up system as you please, as for the iBird Apps, we use Dropbox for now.  This will change on April 1 2016 where we change back to iCloud as the Back up system.

Bigfoot

Is this an April fools joke?

Bigfoot    4325

This is no JOKE, The Apps will change to iCloud as soon as the App upgrades are released.  This is because Dropbox is changing their service and no longer meets the needs of iBird Apps for Backup.

iCloud has also upgraded their system, making their files available to be seen and read from your computers, at least some computers.

BF

Magic_Randy    4

This is no JOKE, The Apps will change to iCloud as soon as the App upgrades are released. This is because Dropbox is changing their service and no longer meets the needs of iBird Apps for Backup.

iCloud has also upgraded their system, making their files available to be seen and read from your computers, at least some computers.

BF

Will the data seamlessly migrate from Dropbox to iCloud? I have lots of favorite lists in iBird Ultimate and Waite's Birds plus a huge amount of data in iBird Journal.

I also have data in iCloud from the last time. Do I need to find and delete that data before installing the new versions?

Can you share what we should expect? App upgrades are automatically installed on all my iOS devices and I use all of these apps every day.

Bigfoot    4325

Randy/iBird App users

I just tested the migration process that is in the upgrade and it was flawless.  Tap a button, then enable iCloud.  Immediately the changes to the backups, favorites, notes etc started posting to the cloud instead of Dropbox.  Now with an App and the right computer iOS you can now see and edit your Cloud data.  I tried deleting data in the cloud from computer and it upgraded almost immediately to the iPad.

I'm not sure about Journal, I have not tested this yet, but it is suppose to be the same.

I did not do anything about the Cloud data (old) before I did the migration and there were no problems.  Now that you can see the Cloud files and folders, all seems easier now.  

The only one I have tested is iBird Plus, but once we get this de-bugged, the others should all be quick and immediate because we are not making any significant changes that need testing.

Dropbox is making some changes as of tomorrow and is why we are now going back to iCloud.

Things are happening quickly now, if you have problems you can ask here or at Support@iBird.com.

Bigfoot

Magic_Randy    4

Randy/iBird App users

I just tested the migration process that is in the upgrade and it was flawless.  Tap a button, then enable iCloud.  Immediately the changes to the backups, favorites, notes etc started posting to the cloud instead of Dropbox.  Now with an App and the right computer iOS you can now see and edit your Cloud data.  I tried deleting data in the cloud from computer and it upgraded almost immediately to the iPad.

I'm not sure about Journal, I have not tested this yet, but it is suppose to be the same.

I did not do anything about the Cloud data (old) before I did the migration and there were no problems.  Now that you can see the Cloud files and folders, all seems easier now.  

The only one I have tested is iBird Plus, but once we get this de-bugged, the others should all be quick and immediate because we are not making any significant changes that need testing.

Dropbox is making some changes as of tomorrow and is why we are now going back to iCloud.

Things are happening quickly now, if you have problems you can ask here of at Support@iBird.com.

Bigfoot

Thanks Bigfoot....

hillbretman    0

hello Newbie, thanks for posting your query on whatbird forum. I think you can try resetting iCloud settings. As for those lost data on iPhone , then  just try iPhone Data Recovery. This is a professional data tool from RecoveryAndroid with good reputation among users. Just get one to scan your iPhone. Then it will present your lost data in a list of preview. So you can easily and safely recover Notes from iPhone without difficulty.

Hope this would be of help.

Bigfoot    4325

Hillbretman

Welcome to Whatbird.

At this time the Apps from iBird Use Dropbox for data backup.  This is changing with the Apps about to be released.  I do not believe that the Cloud has any backup information from the iBird Apps because the iCloud system was not installed in the Apps.

This will be good information for recovery as soon as iBird Apps change back to the Cloud for backup.

Bigfoot

Whatbird Moderator

kylendoza    0

Recovering your files for some mistaken deletion is now easy to come back because there are a lot of tools that are available in the market for you to make your android or iphone have a safer recovery just try this data recovery tool Whatsapp Recovery for iPhone for you to have a safer data and a safer life to live ;)

Bigfoot    4325

Lost notes from the Dropbox system can be viewed with your computer, open the Dropbox folders, see the files, copy these files and paste them to your iCloud account, the folders with the same names.  This will recover most if not all the lost data that happened when you downloaded the new update of the Apps.

Bigfoot

Rancserty    0
On 2016/5/21 at 2:23 PM, kylendoza said:

Recovering your files for some mistaken deletion is now easy to come back because there are a lot of tools that are available in the market for you to make your android or iphone have a safer recovery just try this data recovery tool Whatsapp recovery for iPhone for you to have a safer data and a safer life to live ;)

To recover iPhone data , this is a effective way for us, thanks .

Kamlerty    0
On 2016/9/21 at 6:11 PM, Cocoly said:

Notes loss cause a lot of pain , you can restore iPhone notes by using tool or from backup ,

From iTunes backup ,check out the iTunes or iCloud backup first.if no backup file, I think the data recovery tool can be helpful.

Agree with you, to recover back lost iPhone notes , the third-party tools are essential

kou    0

When I suffer from iPhone notes disappeared issue, I will choose iTunes to recover my missing notes as long as I have backed up the deleted iPhone notes before. Here is what I do to restore notes via iTunes.

How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone with iTunes

Step 1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer

Step 2. Choose your iPhone as the device

Step 3. Click on "Restore Backup" button

Step 4. Select a iTunes backup that contains your deleted data like calendars

Step 5. Click on "Restore" button

Arche1957    0

It happens a lot to delete notes for Apple users. In fact, when you delete notes from iPhone, these notes don't get deleted. You are most likely to recover deleted notes if you act quickly right after accidentally deleted them. That's because those messages won't actually lost until they are overwritten by new files.If it fails, you can use iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery, which is one of a good choice. It can recover deleted or existing notes from iPhone or from iTunes/iCloud backup.